Disney has acquired the rights to any future Indiana Jones films from Paramount Pictures.
Walt Disney Studios confirmed on Friday (December 6) that it now has the rights to market and distribute any upcoming movies from the franchise.
Paramount retains distribution rights for the first four Indiana Jones films, in addition to financially benefiting from any future movies.
The Indiana Jones films have starred Harrison Ford as a globe-trotting adventurer, who frequently thwarts Nazi schemes and foils world domination plots.
"I don't think there is any barrier to Indiana Jones being an old fart," Ford joked. "I'm old enough that we don't need [Sean] Connery anymore - I'm old enough to play my own father!"
The last instalment in the franchise - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull »
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Paramount Poised to Make Chinese Fantasy ‘The Monkey King’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Uncovers the Secrets of Terminator Genisys in Second Official Trailer (From ShockYa. 16 April 2015, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Josh Gad & Jeremy Garelick Set Up Musical at Universal (From MovieWeb. 16 April 2015, 9:40 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Meet The New Actors of 'Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens' (From CineMovie. 18 April 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch 'Star Wars 7' Luke Skywalker Panel with Mark Hamill Live! (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- 'Star Wars 7' Cast Interviews from 'Star Wars Celebration' (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Harvey Weinstein Talks ‘Hateful Eight’, Sony Hack, Gut Instincts & Socially Aware Oscar Campaigns At Tribeca (From Deadline. 18 April 2015, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Explains How His Sia Video Is Like Scarface (From Vulture. 18 April 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca: Alma Har'el and Shia Labeouf Premiere Hypnotic Footage From 'LoveTrue' (From Indiewire. 17 April 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)