Disney has acquired the rights to any future Indiana Jones films from Paramount Pictures.
Walt Disney Studios confirmed on Friday (December 6) that it now has the rights to market and distribute any upcoming movies from the franchise.
Paramount retains distribution rights for the first four Indiana Jones films, in addition to financially benefiting from any future movies.
The Indiana Jones films have starred Harrison Ford as a globe-trotting adventurer, who frequently thwarts Nazi schemes and foils world domination plots.
"I don't think there is any barrier to Indiana Jones being an old fart," Ford joked. "I'm old enough that we don't need [Sean] Connery anymore - I'm old enough to play my own father!"
The last instalment in the franchise - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull »
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Remember Beyblade? Paramount is turning it into a live-action movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 May 2015, 9:10 PM, PDT)
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature (From Deadline. 27 May 2015, 7:21 PM, PDT)
- Transformers Prequel in the Works; Michael Bay Returning for T5? (From Collider.com. 27 May 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Watch: Denis Villeneuve's Mad Brilliant 2008 Short Film 'Next Floor' (From FirstShowing.net. 27 May 2015, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Cinematographer Roger Deakins Joins Blade Runner Sequel (From DailyDead. 27 May 2015, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- John Williams on scoring Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2015, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- Comics Legend Daniel Clowes on Hate Mail, Jim Belushi, and Not Forgiving Shia Labeouf (From Vulture. 27 May 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf’s Latest Art Project Involves a Motorcycle Helmet, Deep Breathing and a Samurai Sword Ad (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 May 2015, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Tobey Maguire Plays A Dangerous Game In First Trailer For Chess Drama Pawn Sacrifice (From We Got This Covered. 27 May 2015, 10:18 AM, PDT)