When Walt Disney Pictures purchased Lucasfilm last year, it not only acquired ownership of the Star Wars saga, but also Lucasfilm's other big franchise Indiana Jones, although the distribution rights to the four movies remained with Paramount Pictures.
Well, it's now been announced by Disney and Paramount that a marketing and distribution deal has been reached between the two parties for the Indiana Jones series, which clears the way for the House of Mouse to produce and distribute future movies for Harrison Ford's archeologist and adventurer.
At present, there's no word whether Disney plans to give the green light to the rumoured Indiana Jones 5, which would likely reunite Ford with director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas, but seeing as the studio has went to the trouble and expense of acquiring the necessary rights, you can bet it's coming. Unless they decide to go the reboot route of course. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Doctor Who, Ep. 8.02, “Into the Dalek”: Excellent character work outweighs familiar third act (From SoundOnSight. 31 August 2014, 10:34 PM, PDT)
- Amazing Star Wars Fan Restoration Removes All Of George Lucas' Mistakes (From Cinema Blend. 31 August 2014, 7:37 PM, PDT)
- The Phantom Menace Somehow Leads The List Of Best Star Wars Fights (From Cinema Blend. 31 August 2014, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong? (From Moviefone. 31 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Falling Skies': Noah Wyle teases an 'insane' mission in season finale (From EW.com - Inside TV. 30 August 2014, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Box Office: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is 'Above' all the competition at no. 1 again (From Hitfix. 31 August 2014, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Rules Lackluster Labor Day (From Variety - Film News. 31 August 2014, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- 10 Worst Reviewed Movies Of All Time (From Obsessed with Film. 29 August 2014, 11:43 PM, PDT)