Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed today, via a post on Nintendo’s Miiverse, that Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask will make an appearance in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3Ds.
The slightly disappointing angle to the news is that Sakurai also confirmed that Skull Kid is not a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. games, but will instead be an Assist Trophy. For those new to the series, this basically means that he will show up in matches from time to time as an item that can be grabbed and immediately used as a power up of sorts.
While Skull Kid is definitely a cool reveal, the fact that he is limited to an Assist Trophy puts a bit of a damper on my excitement level.
As for who will be playable in the game, well, »
- Justin Alderman
Similar News Items"The Legend of Zelda" (1989)
- Zelda: Breath Of The Wild will be Nintendo's last Wii U game (From Den of Geek. 19 January 2017, 2:17 PM, PST)
- The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Will Be The Wii U’s Last First-Party Release (From We Got This Covered. 19 January 2017, 9:36 AM, PST)
- Reggie Fils-Aime On Nintendo Switch Launch Lineup: It’s “Not The Be All And End All” (From We Got This Covered. 17 January 2017, 6:44 AM, PST)
"Mega Man" (1994)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Getting Retail Release On Xbox One & PS4 (From We Got This Covered. 19 January 2017, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Dreams Become Reality In Batman ’66 Meets Wonder Woman ’77 (From We Got This Covered. 17 January 2017, 9:26 AM, PST)
- Shovel Knight: Nintendo Switch edition announced, big update planned (From Den of Geek. 11 January 2017, 10:28 PM, PST)
- How 90s videogame ads tried to disguise Kirby's cuteness (From Den of Geek. 25 November 2016, 4:43 AM, PST)
- NXpress #11: E3 2015 special part one and the 2015 Nintendo World Championships (From SoundOnSight. 14 June 2015, 9:47 PM, PDT)
- Nintendo reveals newest Amiibo line-up, includes Duck Hunt Duo and Miis (From Flickeringmyth. 14 June 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)