Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed today, via a post on Nintendo’s Miiverse, that Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask will make an appearance in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3Ds.
The slightly disappointing angle to the news is that Sakurai also confirmed that Skull Kid is not a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. games, but will instead be an Assist Trophy. For those new to the series, this basically means that he will show up in matches from time to time as an item that can be grabbed and immediately used as a power up of sorts.
While Skull Kid is definitely a cool reveal, the fact that he is limited to an Assist Trophy puts a bit of a damper on my excitement level.
As for who will be playable in the game, well, »
- Justin Alderman
Similar News Items"The Legend of Zelda" (1989)
- The Legend Of Kay Anniversary Review (From We Got This Covered. 31 July 2015, 9:21 PM, PDT)
- Multiplayer Magic or Madness?: Nintendo’s E3 Surprises (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 10:14 PM, PDT)
- E3 2015 was the final nail in the coffin for the Wii U (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 9:08 AM, PDT)
"Mega Man" (1994)
- Preview of Sonic Boom #10 – Worlds Unite: Part Ten (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2015, 8:46 AM, PDT)
- Preview of Sonic Universe #78 – Worlds Unite: Part Nine (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2015, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Keiji Inafune’s ‘Mighty No.9′ goes live-action (From Blogomatic3000. 20 July 2015, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- NXpress #11: E3 2015 special part one and the 2015 Nintendo World Championships (From SoundOnSight. 14 June 2015, 9:47 PM, PDT)
- Nintendo reveals newest Amiibo line-up, includes Duck Hunt Duo and Miis (From Flickeringmyth. 14 June 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Roy and Ryu officially revealed for Super Smash Bros, new Dlc confirmed (From Flickeringmyth. 14 June 2015, 10:37 AM, PDT)