Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai revealed today, via a post on Nintendo’s Miiverse, that Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask will make an appearance in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3Ds.
The slightly disappointing angle to the news is that Sakurai also confirmed that Skull Kid is not a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. games, but will instead be an Assist Trophy. For those new to the series, this basically means that he will show up in matches from time to time as an item that can be grabbed and immediately used as a power up of sorts.
While Skull Kid is definitely a cool reveal, the fact that he is limited to an Assist Trophy puts a bit of a damper on my excitement level.
As for who will be playable in the game, well, »
- Justin Alderman
Similar News Items"The Legend of Zelda" (1989)
- August Loot Crate Unboxing, Plus September Theme Preview (From Comingsoon.net. 22 August 2017, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Legend Of Zelda: 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Ocarina Of Time (From Screen Rant. 9 August 2017, 8:01 PM, PDT)
- Popular YouTube Channel Binging With Babish Announces Cookbook Filled With Pop Culture Recipes (From Tubefilter News. 1 August 2017, 10:26 AM, PDT)
"Mega Man" (1994)
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite unleashes new story trailer (From JoBlo. 17 August 2017, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Video Game Review – Sonic Mania (PS4) (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Video Game Review – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4) (From Flickeringmyth. 10 August 2017, 11:51 PM, PDT)
- How 90s videogame ads tried to disguise Kirby's cuteness (From Den of Geek. 25 November 2016, 4:43 AM, PST)
- NXpress #11: E3 2015 special part one and the 2015 Nintendo World Championships (From SoundOnSight. 14 June 2015, 9:47 PM, PDT)
- Nintendo reveals newest Amiibo line-up, includes Duck Hunt Duo and Miis (From Flickeringmyth. 14 June 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)