Jerry Bruckheimer has finalized a new three-year first-look deal with Paramount Pictures, with the sequels Top Gun 2 and Beverly Hills Cop 4 among the first projects he plans on getting off the ground. We reported in September that the producer is not renewing his deal with Disney, which expires next year. His deal with Paramount begins in April 2014.
Top Gun 2 has been in development for quite some time, but we haven't heard anything about the sequel since director Tony Scott committed suicide last August. Tom Cruise is attached to star, reprising his role as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell from the original Top Gun. Peter Craig (The Town) signed on to write the script last March, but it isn't known if he is still involved.
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise in talks for The Mummy reboot (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 10:56 PM, PST)
- The Mummy: Tom Cruise linked with lead in new film (From Den of Geek. 24 November 2015, 10:14 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise May Outrun 'The Mummy' (And Maybe More Universal Monsters) (From Movies.com. 24 November 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- New poster and two TV spots for Daddy’s Home starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- The Little Prince Trailer Is Pure Magic (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2015, 7:05 PM, PST)
- 'The Little Prince' Trailer Gives Classic Tale an Animated Twist (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 6:24 PM, PST)
- After a Rough Film Year, Can Kevin Tsujihara Lead Warner Bros. Back to the Top? (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Brett Ratner developing Tetris movie in the vein of The Social Network (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 8:27 AM, PST)
- 7 Most Important Things We Still Haven’t Seen In The X-Men Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 20 November 2015, 4:24 AM, PST)