Jerry Bruckheimer has finalized a new three-year first-look deal with Paramount Pictures, with the sequels Top Gun 2 and Beverly Hills Cop 4 among the first projects he plans on getting off the ground. We reported in September that the producer is not renewing his deal with Disney, which expires next year. His deal with Paramount begins in April 2014.
Top Gun 2 has been in development for quite some time, but we haven't heard anything about the sequel since director Tony Scott committed suicide last August. Tom Cruise is attached to star, reprising his role as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell from the original Top Gun. Peter Craig (The Town) signed on to write the script last March, but it isn't known if he is still involved.
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- The Gender-Flip (From AreYouScreening. 27 August 2015, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Pellicano's Prison Sentence Vacated by Appeals Court (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 August 2015, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Paul Haggis Blasts Media for Not Grilling Tom Cruise on Scientology: ‘Shame on You’ (From The Wrap. 25 August 2015, 8:36 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Frizzi 2 Fulci Live Show to Feature 35mm Screening of The Beyond Director’s Cut (From DailyDead. 27 August 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- Owen Wilson Teases Hansel’s Role In Fashion Sequel Zoolander 2 (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2015, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- You Can Get Your Zombie Merit Badge in this Preview for Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 26 August 2015, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Veteran Jeff Baker Exits (From Variety - Film News. 24 August 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- "X-Men: Days of Future Past": Where Continuity Went "Rogue" (From JustPressPlay. 22 August 2015, 9:34 PM, PDT)
- Us cinema release for Cannon doc (From IF.com.au. 16 August 2015, 10:12 PM, PDT)