De Luca, who prior to Captain Phillips produced The Social Network, Moneyball, the Ghost Rider franchise and 21 for the studio, will partner with Hannah Minghella to oversee development and production.
De Luca will report to Columba Pictures president Doug Belgrad, who will continue to oversee Columbia’s slate of films and creative staff and expands his role to encompass duties across the Sony Pictures Entertainment motion picture group.
Prior to establishing Michael De Luca Productions, De Luca held the post of head of production at DreamWorks and before that served seven years as president and COO of New Line Productions.
“Mike has worked with us on several of our highest-quality and most »
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Andrew Garfield Talks “The Pressure To Get It Right” for ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Films & If He'll Do Another Franchise (From The Playlist. 31 August 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme Join Forces for Concert Film (From Variety - Film News. 29 August 2015, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Armie Hammer Joins The All-Star Cast Of Nocturnal Animals (From We Got This Covered. 29 August 2015, 3:15 AM, PDT)
Columbia Pictures [us]
- 5th Wave Trailer: Chloe Grace Moretz Fights Alien Invaders (From shocktillyoudrop. 1 September 2015, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Idris Elba ‘Too Street’ to Play James Bond, 007 Author Says (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- The Shallows set for Queensland shoot (From IF.com.au. 30 August 2015, 9:05 PM, PDT)
Focus Features [us]
- 'The Danish Girl' Trailer Transforms Eddie Redmayne Into a Woman (From MovieWeb. 1 September 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- How Netflix’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’ Could Change the Movie Business (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Danish Girl Trailer Offers Up Mesmerizing Eddie Redmayne (From AreYouScreening. 1 September 2015, 9:08 AM, PDT)