Decadence, violence, love and space – Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw shares his fantasy award nomination list for 2013
• The 2012 Braddies
Awards season is now upon us and here, as every year, is my personal fantasy award nomination list for 2013, whimsically called the Braddies, which covers the period running from the beginning of the calendar year to the present. There are 10 nominations in eight categories: film, director, actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress, screenplay and documentary.
The reader is invited to nominate the winner in the comments section below, and perhaps to note omissions and evidence that the list betrays suggestions of sociocultural bias.
I like to think that these awards will one day evolve into an actual ceremony with chrome-and-glass statuettes, sponsorship from Sky Atlantic and a televised evening presided over by Dara Ó Briain or Mariella Frostrup. But until then, it exists in a world of fantasy only. And so, »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Empire Season 2's First Songs Are Your New Jams (From BuzzSugar. 4 September 2015, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Talks Ageism in Hollywood: "I Can't Be Upset About It" (From TooFab. 3 September 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Poses Without a Shirt in Glamour U.K., Explains Why Actresses Become Competitive for Movie Roles (From E! Online. 3 September 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Oscars 2016: 10 early predictions for this year's Best Picture nominations (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 5 September 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- “The Hateful Eight”: Looking at potential Best Original Screenplay Contenders (From Hollywoodnews.com. 4 September 2015, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Our Most Anticipated Telluride Movies (From Indiewire. 4 September 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Hilaria Baldwin Reveals How Much Baby Weight She Lost in 10 Weeks—See Photos and Find Out How She Did It! (From E! Online. 4 September 2015, 11:53 AM, PDT)
- Which duo should host Oscars? Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake, Key & Peele ... [Poll] (From Gold Derby. 3 September 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Hilaria Baldwin Reveals How She Lost 18 Pounds of Pregnancy Weight in 10 Weeks (From Us Weekly. 3 September 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)