Drama about an artist's family has yet to premiere in Denmark, but is expected to be another overseas hit for Danish TV
Just when you thought it was safe to donate your Sarah Lund jumper to the charity shop and stop dreaming of becoming Staatsminister like Birgitte Nyborg, along comes another TV drama to reignite British viewers' love affair with Denmark.
The 10-part series The Legacy – Arvingerne in Danish – was launched in Copenhagen this week, and will arrive in Britain next year. The channel is as yet unconfirmed but BBC4's 9pm Saturday night slot has become the home of Scandinavian dramas including Wallander, The Killing, The Bridge and Borgen.
It is typical of the high international regard with which the output of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation is held overseas that The Legacy was sold to the UK, Benelux countries and Australia before it even premieres next month in Denmark. »
- Stuart Jeffries
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- 5 reasons why Emmy voters will finally embrace 'The Americans' (From Gold Derby. 28 May 2015, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Seeing the Game of Thrones Cast in Other Roles Will Seriously Weird You Out (From BuzzSugar. 28 May 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Ciara McAvoy: The Hollywood Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 27 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
"The Killing" (2011)
- iZombie Sneak Peek: Arrow Vet Gets Caught in a '90s Slasher Situation (From TVLine.com. 29 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek's Chris Pine could be playing Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman movie (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 May 2015, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Is Peter Sarsgaard playing the villain in The Magnificent Seven? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 May 2015, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Olivier Assayas Gives Criterion His Top Movies (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 May 2015, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Wamg Interview: Christina Lindberg – Star of They Call Her One-eye (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Criterion Blu-ray Reviews: Cries And Whispers, Sullivan’S Travels & Hoop Dreams (From Collider.com. 21 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)