Is the Man Who Is Tall Happy?
Written and directed by Michel Gondry
On first blush, a so-called “animated conversation” between a documentary filmmaker and the esteemed linguist and philosopher Noam Chomsky seems to exist solely so people can raise their eyebrows, perplexed. But then, when you realize that the filmmaker is Michel Gondry, the man behind such whimsical and quirky films as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep, it all begins to make a bit more sense. There’s, perhaps, not much more to Is the Man Who Is Tall Happy? aside from Gondry’s hand-drawn interpretations of every topic Chomsky covers in a series of interviews that have been boiled down to about 90 minutes’ worth of footage, but his knack for visualization ends up being what makes the film so unique and special at all.
This is not to say that Chomsky, »
- Josh Spiegel
Similar News ItemsTerry Gilliam
- Trailer lands for Syfy’s 12 Monkeys TV series (From Den of Geek. 31 October 2014, 1:06 AM, PDT)
- SyFy’s ’12 Monkeys’ TV series gets new trailer and premiere date (From SoundOnSight. 30 October 2014, 11:03 PM, PDT)
- Footage From "12 Monkeys" (From SneakPeek. 30 October 2014, 7:24 PM, PDT)
The Green Hornet (2011)
- Roland Joffe to preside over Camerimage jury (From ScreenDaily. 31 October 2014, 2:49 AM, PDT)
- Masks Seth Rogen's Green Hornet & Jay Chou's Kato Could've Worn (From ComicBookMovie. 28 September 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- Tame, Less Raunchy, Still Funny 'The Interview' Green Band Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 23 September 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Oscilloscope Makes First Streaming Agreement with Amazon (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Mood Indigo (From Disc Dish. 29 October 2014, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- Jim Carrey on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Need to See (From Rolling Stone. 26 October 2014, 8:32 AM, PDT)