Espn's director of communications David Scott has explained that it will not be possible for Burgundy's appearance to take place because of the breaking news that football star Jameis Winston will not face sexual assault charges following a highly-publicised investigation.
Scott said in a statement: "Ron Burgundy's scheduled Thurs. appearance on @SportsCenter has been cancelled in light of the potential implications of any news from the State Attorney's press conference in [Florida].
"As of this time, there is no reschedule date for Ron Burgundy."
Gallery - Anchorman's 20 greatest quotes:Ferrell »
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Eddie Vedder, Bill Murray to Honor David Letterman With Mark Twain Prize (From Rolling Stone. 21 July 2017, 7:16 PM, PDT)
- Black Girl Magic and Grapefruits Make ‘Girls Trip’ a Must-See Film of the Summer (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2017, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ features President Barack Obama reading ‘Mean Tweets,’ Will Ferrell as Harry Caray [Exclusive Emmy Episode] (From Gold Derby. 20 July 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Cast Talks Nicknames, Elton John on 'Conan' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 July 2017, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Conan O’Brien Lands on the ‘Wonder Woman’ Island of Amazons, Madness Ensues (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 July 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- Conan O'Brien Is (Almost) the Whole Package on Wonder Woman's Island of Amazons (From E! Online. 20 July 2017, 7:41 AM, PDT)
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Comic-Con 2017: Demons Return in Teaser Trailer for Stan Against Evil Season 2 (From DailyDead. 20 July 2017, 3:33 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2017: IFC’s Stan Against Evil Season 2 Panel to Feature John C. McGinley, Janet Varney & Dana Gould (From DailyDead. 11 July 2017, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Step Brothers 2 May Happen, But Will Ferrell Says No to Elf 2 (From MovieWeb. 3 July 2017, 12:42 PM, PDT)