The selection of Sophie Hyde.s drama 52 Tuesdays in the world cinema dramatic competition at the Sundance Film Festival in January isn.t the only platform for the project at the festival.
The web and smart phone-based companion project My 52 Tuesdays will screen in Sundance.s New Frontier program. The festival describes the sidebar as a social and creative space that showcases media installations, multimedia performances, transmedia experiences and panel discussions.
Shot in Adelaide each Tuesday for a year, the film stars Tilda Cobham-Hervey as 16-year-old Billie, whose mother (Del Herbert-Jane) reveals she plans to change her gender. The producers are Rebecca Summerton.s Closer Productions, Cormack, Hyde and Bryan Mason.
My 52 Tuesdays is a collaboration between Closer Productions and experience design company Sandpit. It.s a touring photo-booth, web and smart phone-based project following participants' responses to a year-long series of questions. Participants are asked one question each Tuesday for a year, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsSophie Hyde (I)
- Warm reception for two Aussie films in the Us (From IF.com.au. 29 March 2015, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- Review: 52 Tuesdays, A Revelation In Storytelling (From Twitch. 26 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Oz critics salute The Babadook (From IF.com.au. 8 February 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
Bryan Mason (I)
- The Water Diviner leads Oz critics awards contenders (From IF.com.au. 3 February 2015, 7:40 PM, PST)
- First Aacta Award winners revealed (From IF.com.au. 26 January 2015, 8:52 PM, PST)
- Russell Crowe-Directed Movie Up for Australian Film Award; Crowe Shortlisted Only in Acting Category (From Alt Film Guide. 2 December 2014, 9:05 PM, PST)
Closer Productions [au]
- Safc's new CEO outlines goals (From IF.com.au. 8 January 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Aussie doc to premiere at Sundance (From IF.com.au. 4 December 2014, 3:08 PM, PST)
- Screen Australia Provides Three Female Producers With Business Backing (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 7:36 PM, PDT)