Network Ten.s switch of focus to the 25-54 age group next year has a major upside but carries inherent risks, according to Fusion Strategy.
The T20 Big Bash Cricket, which runs from December 20 to February 7, will give Ten a significant promotional platform for the first time in a decade or more, says Fusion.s Steve Allen.
But Allen believes the Winter Olympics in Korea (February 7-23) will potentially disrupt the network.s efforts to launch and bed down its first batch of new shows.
.The whole landscape could change if Channel Ten forges a recovery,. says the analyst. .It will not be like any previous surge or recovery.. . as they have pretty much turned their back on 16-39 and now firmly chase and program to 25-54.
.But this places them in direct head on competition to Seven, Nine, Sbs and ABC, all of whom chase and position themselves for »
- Don Groves
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- The Good Wife Scoop: Laura Benanti Cast as Colin Sweeney's Fiancée (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 10 March 2014, 3:19 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Sunday Ratings: Resurrection, Cosmos, Amazing Race, Once Upon a Time (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Hulu's 'Deadbeat': See three vintage horror trailers for the supernatural comedy -- Exclusive (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 March 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Where Do Most Runners-up on Reality Talent Shows End Up? (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- The Best Reality Season Ever, Round 1: So You Think You Can Dance Season 3 vs. The Osbournes Season 1 (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 8:05 AM, PST)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Mark & Mallory talk 'Amazing Race: All-Stars' (From Hitfix. 8 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Jillian Michaels Admits '.Biggest Loser'. Winner Rachel Frederickson Lost '.Too Much Weight' (From Uinterview. 28 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)