Network Ten.s switch of focus to the 25-54 age group next year has a major upside but carries inherent risks, according to Fusion Strategy.
The T20 Big Bash Cricket, which runs from December 20 to February 7, will give Ten a significant promotional platform for the first time in a decade or more, says Fusion.s Steve Allen.
But Allen believes the Winter Olympics in Korea (February 7-23) will potentially disrupt the network.s efforts to launch and bed down its first batch of new shows.
.The whole landscape could change if Channel Ten forges a recovery,. says the analyst. .It will not be like any previous surge or recovery.. . as they have pretty much turned their back on 16-39 and now firmly chase and program to 25-54.
.But this places them in direct head on competition to Seven, Nine, Sbs and ABC, all of whom chase and position themselves for »
- Don Groves
Similar News Items"The Good Wife" (2009)
- Two more clips from Disney’s Into the Woods (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/20/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 December 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Crush of the week: Archie Panjabi (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 December 2014, 9:59 PM, PST)
"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Marriott Gets Into Movies With "Two Bellmen" (From Dark Horizons. 17 December 2014, 7:11 AM, PST)
- American Idol: Fox Cutting Results Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 December 2014, 5:32 PM, PST)
- American Idol Cut Down to One Night a Week (From E! Online. 15 December 2014, 8:42 AM, PST)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/20/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 December 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Elementary, Biggest Loser, The Taste, iHeartradio, McCarthys (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 December 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Ratings: Quiet Start for NBC’s ‘People Magazine Awards’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 9:12 AM, PST)