London — Producer Sally Woodward Gentle, who was previously creative director at “Downton Abbey” producer Carnival Films, has set up a new independent production company, Sid Gentle Films, which is in development on a number of drama projects.
The company has been set up to produce high-end scripted drama productions, long-running returning series, one-off features and mini-series for U.K. and international broadcasters, as well as developing a selection of independent feature film projects.
Woodward Gentle, who is the founder and CEO of the new production company, is joined by Henrietta Colvin as head of development. Lee Morris joins early next year as managing director.
Projects in development are an adaptation for BBC One by one of Britain’s most successful screenwriting partnerships, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. The duo has previously penned five James Bond films from “The World Is Not Enough” to “Skyfall.”
The company is also working with »
- Leo Barraclough
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- 'Downton Abbey's' Michelle Dockery loves that Lady Mary is 'so complex' (From Pop2it. 11 March 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Raising Hope: Cancelled, No Season Five (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Fox cancels 'Raising Hope,' sets series finale for April (From Hitfix. 10 March 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes Offers Up 25 Rules for Directors (From Rope Of Silicon. 11 March 2014, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- First guests announced for McM Comic Con / Memorabilia Birmingham (From Blogomatic3000. 11 March 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Enemies Closer Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 11 March 2014, 4:56 AM, PDT)
Helena Bonham Carter
- History made as Houses of Parliament open doors to Meryl Streep (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 March 2014, 4:44 PM, PST)
- See the Worst Dressed Stars of Oscars' Past! (From TooFab. 2 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Beetlejuice recap: Michael Keaton reaps a whole new reputation (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 March 2014, 2:00 AM, PST)