The hiring of Sally Caplan as head of production at Screen Australia has prompted several producers to ask If: How can a Brit who has never worked in Australia get up to speed with the complexities of the Oz screen industry?
Screen Australia CEO Graeme Mason acknowledges that Caplan will not be familiar with the .minutiae. of some local screen projects but he is supremely confident her skills, experience and knowledge of global development, production, distribution and acquisition are precisely what the agency needs.
..She will be aware of the Australian films and programs and formats that have been successfully exported,. Mason tells If. .She has worked with a wide variety of filmmakers and genres, from Ken Loach and Mike Leigh to Streetdance 3D and The King.s Speech, from the art-house and speciality arena to wide multiplex releases.
.She has proved she can work incredibly well with culturally-specific material. »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsMike Leigh (I)
- Win Lava on DVD (From HeyUGuys. 6 October 2015, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Measure of a Man review – portrait of economic injustice that struggles to make ends meet (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 October 2015, 3:34 AM, PDT)
- 11th Annual Zurich Film Festival Premieres Trailer of Cinema's Distorted Reality (From Indiewire. 28 September 2015, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Criterion Link Collection: October 6th 2015 (From CriterionCast. 6 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 25 great directors working outside mainstream cinema (From Den of Geek. 30 September 2015, 2:39 AM, PDT)
- For a 1000 Lives: Be Human campaign backed by San Sebastian Film Festival by Jennie Kermode - 2015-09-28 11:27:03 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 28 September 2015, 3:27 AM, PDT)
Nowhere Boy (2009)
- Jake Gyllenhaal's New Movie Nocturnal Animals Has An Amazing Cast And A Bizarre Premise (From Cinema Blend. 9 September 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Ex-Creative England head of film Chris Moll joins Catalyst (From ScreenDaily. 12 August 2015, 5:23 AM, PDT)
- Saint Laurent – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 11 June 2015, 2:35 PM, PDT)