The hiring of Sally Caplan as head of production at Screen Australia has prompted several producers to ask If: How can a Brit who has never worked in Australia get up to speed with the complexities of the Oz screen industry?
Screen Australia CEO Graeme Mason acknowledges that Caplan will not be familiar with the .minutiae. of some local screen projects but he is supremely confident her skills, experience and knowledge of global development, production, distribution and acquisition are precisely what the agency needs.
..She will be aware of the Australian films and programs and formats that have been successfully exported,. Mason tells If. .She has worked with a wide variety of filmmakers and genres, from Ken Loach and Mike Leigh to Streetdance 3D and The King.s Speech, from the art-house and speciality arena to wide multiplex releases.
.She has proved she can work incredibly well with culturally-specific material. »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsMike Leigh (I)
- Thursday’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 April 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The Criterion Collection announces June Blu-ray releases (From Flickeringmyth. 22 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Mike Leigh's next project based on Manchester's Peterloo massacre (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 April 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- What’s Up Doc?: Kent Jones, Asif Kapadia & Luc Jacquet Head to Cannes (From ioncinema. 1 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Why 1998 Was the Best Year In Film History (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- We Are Many: the legacy of the global anti-war protests in 2003 – video trailer world exclusive (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 April 2015, 4:35 AM, PDT)
Nowhere Boy (2009)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams Eye Tom Ford's New Film (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 March 2015, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Playroom Gets Renovated in Cut 'SNL' Sketch (From FirstShowing.net. 3 March 2015, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Jamie Dornan Isn't Leaving the 'Fifty Shades' Franchise (From MovieWeb. 25 February 2015, 1:36 AM, PST)