The hiring of Sally Caplan as head of production at Screen Australia has prompted several producers to ask If: How can a Brit who has never worked in Australia get up to speed with the complexities of the Oz screen industry?
Screen Australia CEO Graeme Mason acknowledges that Caplan will not be familiar with the .minutiae. of some local screen projects but he is supremely confident her skills, experience and knowledge of global development, production, distribution and acquisition are precisely what the agency needs.
..She will be aware of the Australian films and programs and formats that have been successfully exported,. Mason tells If. .She has worked with a wide variety of filmmakers and genres, from Ken Loach and Mike Leigh to Streetdance 3D and The King.s Speech, from the art-house and speciality arena to wide multiplex releases.
.She has proved she can work incredibly well with culturally-specific material. »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsMike Leigh (I)
- Austere ‘Chronic’ Provides A Showcase Role For Tim Roth [Review] (From The Playlist. 23 September 2016, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- [Tiff Review] Denial (From The Film Stage. 18 September 2016, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Timothy Spall on His Latest ‘Journey’ (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2016, 7:51 PM, PDT)
- San Sebastián: China's 'I Am Not Madame Bovary' wins Golden Shell (From ScreenDaily. 25 September 2016, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘I Am Not Madame Bovary’ Tops San Sebastian Festival Winners (From Indiewire. 24 September 2016, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘I Am Not Madame Bovary’ Wins San Sebastian Festival: Complete List of Winners (From Variety - Film News. 24 September 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Nowhere Boy (2009)
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Sneak Peek Teaser: Amy Adams And Jake Gyllenhaal Confront Their Past In Tom Ford’s Revenge Thriller (From Indiewire. 14 September 2016, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Redgrave Joins Cast Of ‘Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool’ (From Deadline. 27 June 2016, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Where My Girls At? New Roles for Jess, Charlize, and The Bening (From FilmExperience. 7 May 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)