Good news for fans of Ira Levin! The Weinsteins have secured the rights to bring a feature film version of his 1973 Broadway thriller Veronica's Room to the big screen for the first time. We're just surprised it's taken this long!
From the Press Release
Bob and Harvey Weinstein announced today they have signed on to executive produce, finance, and distribute a big-screen adaptation of author Ira Levin’s (Rosemary’s Baby, The Stepford Wives, Deathtrap) 1973 Broadway thriller Veronica’S Room, produced by The Allegiance Theater’s Daniel Dubiecki (Juno, Up In The Air) and Lara Alameddine, who originally brought the project to the Weinsteins’ new moniker, TWC-Dimension.
The dark tale of Veronica’S Room explores the thin line between fantasy and reality. Students Susan and Larry find themselves enticed to an old New England mansion by its caretakers to meet the sole surviving member of the family. They insist that »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsJodie Foster
- Top 5 Films about Killer Kids (From SoundOnSight. 7 October 2015, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- Robert Zemeckis interview: The Walk, modern filmmaking (From Den of Geek. 4 October 2015, 4:14 AM, PDT)
- Why Fred Savage put directing on hold to star in 'The Grinder' (From Hitfix. 28 September 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Simon Kinberg on Fantastic Four: “I’m obviously disappointed with the way it turned out” (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Danny Boyle: His best films so far (From Hollywoodnews.com. 7 October 2015, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Jim Gianopulos to Receive Producers Guild’s Milestone Award (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Casual Season 1 Review (From We Got This Covered. 6 October 2015, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- 19 years ago today: Superman got hitched (From Hitfix. 6 October 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Ellen Page is in talks to star in a remake of Flatliners (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 October 2015, 2:43 AM, PDT)