Sophie Hyde.s gender-bending drama 52 Tuesdays has been selected for the Sundance Film Festival.s world cinema dramatic competition in January.
The Adelaide-shot film will compete with 11 other titles including Blind (Norway, Netherlands), the UK.s God Help the Girl and Lilting, The Disobedient (Serbia), Liar's Dice (India), To Kill a Man (Chile) and Wetlands (Germany).
In 52 Tuesdays, Tilda Cobham-Hervey plays 16-year-old Billie, who struggles with the revelation that her mother (Del Herbert-Jane) plans to change gender. Billie goes to live with her dad for a year while mother and daughter vow to meet every Tuesday during that year. Matthew Cormack wrote the screenplay from a story he devised with Hyde.
It had its world premiere at the Adelaide Film Festival in October, funded by the Safc's FilmLab and the Aff Investment Fund. »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsSophie Hyde (I)
- 52 Tuesdays review – candid sex-change drama (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 August 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- 52 Tuesdays Review (From HeyUGuys. 7 August 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- 52 Tuesdays - video review (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 August 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
Bryan Mason (I)
- The Water Diviner leads Oz critics awards contenders (From IF.com.au. 3 February 2015, 7:40 PM, PST)
- First Aacta Award winners revealed (From IF.com.au. 26 January 2015, 8:52 PM, PST)
- Russell Crowe-Directed Movie Up for Australian Film Award; Crowe Shortlisted Only in Acting Category (From Alt Film Guide. 2 December 2014, 9:05 PM, PST)
- Australian avalanche at Toronto International Film Festival (From IF.com.au. 1 September 2015, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- Producers Lab Toronto participants unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 24 August 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Safc's new CEO outlines goals (From IF.com.au. 8 January 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)