Sophie Hyde.s gender-bending drama 52 Tuesdays has been selected for the Sundance Film Festival.s world cinema dramatic competition in January.
The Adelaide-shot film will compete with 11 other titles including Blind (Norway, Netherlands), the UK.s God Help the Girl and Lilting, The Disobedient (Serbia), Liar's Dice (India), To Kill a Man (Chile) and Wetlands (Germany).
In 52 Tuesdays, Tilda Cobham-Hervey plays 16-year-old Billie, who struggles with the revelation that her mother (Del Herbert-Jane) plans to change gender. Billie goes to live with her dad for a year while mother and daughter vow to meet every Tuesday during that year. Matthew Cormack wrote the screenplay from a story he devised with Hyde.
It had its world premiere at the Adelaide Film Festival in October, funded by the Safc's FilmLab and the Aff Investment Fund. »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsSophie Hyde (I)
- Vale Chris Chamberlin (From IF.com.au. 26 June 2017, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- HBO Announces TV Adaptation of Elena Ferrante’s “My Brilliant Friend” (From Women and Hollywood. 31 March 2017, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Projects by Maya Newell, Damon Gameau selected for Good Pitch2 (From IF.com.au. 24 July 2016, 6:37 PM, PDT)
Bryan Mason (I)
- The Water Diviner leads Oz critics awards contenders (From IF.com.au. 3 February 2015, 7:40 PM, PST)
- First Aacta Award winners revealed (From IF.com.au. 26 January 2015, 8:52 PM, PST)
- Safc's new CEO outlines goals (From IF.com.au. 8 January 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Screen Australia backs new projects from Jocelyn Moorhouse, Leah Purcell (From IF.com.au. 12 February 2017, 7:47 PM, PST)
- Production underway on ABC iview’s ‘F*cking Adelaide’ with Pamela Rabe (From IF.com.au. 7 December 2016, 9:38 PM, PST)
- Projects by Maya Newell, Damon Gameau selected for Good Pitch2 in November (From IF.com.au. 24 July 2016, 6:37 PM, PDT)