Tony Stark is invincible — at least when it comes to the numbers for Iron Man 3, that is. A whopping $174 million at the box office opening weekend. A staggering $409 million domestically. More than $1.2 billion grossed worldwide.
But the genius/billionaire/playboy/philanthropist character who’s appeared in five Marvel films so far was fallible in his third standalone feature, spending much of his post-Avengers time in his basement, designing prototype after prototype of his Iron Man suits to keep his mind off his near-death experience.
The most eye-popping one he built: The Mark 42 (below), which he can summon remotely in »
- Shirley Li
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Michael Phelps And Danny McBride Star In Latest Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 26 October 2016, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Matteo Garrone and Toni Servillo to Take on ‘Pinocchio’; Andrew Haigh and Jack O’Connell Plan Alexander McQueen Biopic (From The Film Stage. 25 October 2016, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Gomorrah’ Duo Matteo Garrone & Toni Servillo Reteam For ‘Pinocchio’ (From The Playlist. 25 October 2016, 11:57 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- ‘Doctor Strange’ Critical Roundup: Reviews Praise Benedict Cumberbatch’s Visionary Origin Story (From Indiewire. 24 October 2016, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Film School Rejects Buys One.Perfect.Shot. (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2016, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Play it again, Ram: meet the man behind Westworld’s old-timey rock covers (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 October 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Wizard World’s 2017 Comic Con Tour Schedule Includes 16 Cities (From DailyDead. 26 October 2016, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- Theory: Doctor Strange takes place before Captain America: The Winter Solider (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- The quietly radical ending of Doctor Strange (From Den of Geek. 25 October 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)