Gibson is selling his shares in the Gibson Group, the Wellington-based production company he founded 35 years ago. Senior management Victoria Spackman, Allan Smith, Brett Tompkins and Bevin Linkhorn are buying his stake.
His five-year term starts in January. "It.s been a tough decision to move from the production industry where I.ve spent most of my working life but I.m excited by the challenge of working at the Film Commission and trying to make a difference," Gibson tells If.
.Dave Gibson is one of New Zealand.s most experienced film and television producers and we are delighted to have secured his services for this important leadership role. said Nzfc chair Patsy Reddy.
It's a popular choice among the Nz screen industry judging by initial reactions, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsNew Zealand Film Commission [nz]
- Watch the First Teaser Videos for Live Action Ghost In The Shell Movie, Starring Scarlett Johansson (From DailyDead. 21 September 2016, 9:44 PM, PDT)
- New Zealand Selects ‘A Flickering Truth’ for Foreign-Language Oscar Race (From Variety - Film News. 13 September 2016, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- Toronto Festival: Canada Strikes Co-Production Treaty With Booming New Zealand (From Variety - Film News. 11 September 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Graeme Mason (I)
- Network Ten orders Wake In Fright mini-series (From IF.com.au. 7 September 2016, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Foxtel green lights Picnic at Hanging Rock series (From IF.com.au. 6 September 2016, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Australian Gov’t Cash for Spierig Brothers’ ‘Winchester’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 September 2016, 4:51 AM, PDT)
South Pacific Pictures [nz]
- Veteran producer John Barnett inks deal with Cjz to develop Aussie drama (From IF.com.au. 7 June 2016, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Discovery, Liberty-Owned All3Media Backs Factual Indie Caravan (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Discovery/Liberty Global’s All3Media Buys ‘The Missing’ Producer New Pictures (From Variety - TV News. 7 January 2016, 2:47 AM, PST)