Gibson is selling his shares in the Gibson Group, the Wellington-based production company he founded 35 years ago. Senior management Victoria Spackman, Allan Smith, Brett Tompkins and Bevin Linkhorn are buying his stake.
His five-year term starts in January. "It.s been a tough decision to move from the production industry where I.ve spent most of my working life but I.m excited by the challenge of working at the Film Commission and trying to make a difference," Gibson tells If.
.Dave Gibson is one of New Zealand.s most experienced film and television producers and we are delighted to have secured his services for this important leadership role. said Nzfc chair Patsy Reddy.
It's a popular choice among the Nz screen industry judging by initial reactions, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsNew Zealand Film Commission [nz]
- Nz Film Commission Quits Sales Business (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- Short Film Market at Clermont wraps (From ScreenDaily. 9 February 2014, 6:02 AM, PST)
- Wild Side walks into Dead Lands (From ScreenDaily. 27 January 2014, 1:22 PM, PST)
"The Strip" (2002)
- London Film Festival 2013: full line-up (From ScreenDaily. 4 September 2013, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Potd: The Cast of ‘The Hobbit’ (From Slash Film. 10 February 2011, 3:54 PM, PST)
- ‘The Hobbit’ Will Start Filming This March (From Slash Film. 7 February 2011, 9:30 AM, PST)
Fresh Meat (2012)
- Dave Gibson to head Nzfc (From ScreenDaily. 3 December 2013, 2:54 AM, PST)
- Dave Gibson Appointed Nzfc Chief Executive (From Variety - Film News. 2 December 2013, 9:16 PM, PST)
- [Tribeca '13] Belated Review For Gory and Fun ‘Fresh Meat’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 9 May 2013, 10:26 AM, PDT)