Gibson is selling his shares in the Gibson Group, the Wellington-based production company he founded 35 years ago. Senior management Victoria Spackman, Allan Smith, Brett Tompkins and Bevin Linkhorn are buying his stake.
His five-year term starts in January. "It.s been a tough decision to move from the production industry where I.ve spent most of my working life but I.m excited by the challenge of working at the Film Commission and trying to make a difference," Gibson tells If.
.Dave Gibson is one of New Zealand.s most experienced film and television producers and we are delighted to have secured his services for this important leadership role. said Nzfc chair Patsy Reddy.
It's a popular choice among the Nz screen industry judging by initial reactions, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsNew Zealand Film Commission [nz]
- Housebound Remake in the Works at New Line (From DailyDead. 11 February 2015, 2:26 PM, PST)
- Xyz-gfc to boost Antipodean film profile (From ScreenDaily. 5 February 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Xyz, Gfc launch joint venture (From ScreenDaily. 5 February 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)
Graeme Mason (I)
- Richard Harris Hired by Screen Australia to Turn Around Audience Downtrend (From Variety - Film News. 20 November 2014, 7:15 PM, PST)
- Harris to take charge of Screen Aus business and audience development (From IF.com.au. 19 November 2014, 11:16 PM, PST)
- Australia’s VOD habits revealed (From ScreenDaily. 17 November 2014, 6:41 AM, PST)
"The Strip" (2002)
- Vale Caterina de Nave (From IF.com.au. 17 August 2014, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Nzfc CEO to industry: Lift the bar (From IF.com.au. 3 February 2014, 6:52 PM, PST)
- Dave Gibson Appointed Nzfc Chief Executive (From Variety - Film News. 2 December 2013, 9:16 PM, PST)