One of the biggest complains about J.J. Abrams, and one of fans biggest fears heading into Star Wars: Episode VII, is the director's propensity for secrecy. His 'mystery box' way of producing a film reached ridiculous heights with Star Trek Into Darkness, as he adamantly refused to reveal whom Benedict Cumberbatch was actually playing, referring to him only as the terrorist John Harrison.
This has lead to plenty of backlash in the months since the sequel debuted this summer. Many, including the director himself, think the movie might have been better received if the advertising had been trueful about the inclusion of iconic villain Khan in this sequel that has gone onto been called the worst Star Trek movie of all time (which including all entries in the franchise including the reboots, the originals and Star Trek: The Next Generation).
Speaking with MTV, the director goes onto place almost »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- TV News Roundup: Josh Charles Joins ‘Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 June 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Sissy Spacek, Suburgatory's Jane Levy Join Cast of Hulu's Castle Rock (From TVLine.com. 26 June 2017, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Sissy Spacek, Jane Levy to Star in Hulu's 'Castle Rock' (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 26 June 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: New Plot Details Emerge, Showrunners Cite Influences (From Collider.com. 26 June 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery Changes a Long-standing Roddenberry Rule (From TVovermind.com. 26 June 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman becomes highest-grossing live-action movie from a female director (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 Set Photos Reunite Tom Cruise and Ving Rhames (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2017, 5:17 PM, PDT)
- Baby Driver Review: The Definition Of Cool (From LRM Online. 23 June 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Colin Trevorrow asked Rian Johnson to add “one little thing” to Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 22 June 2017, 2:10 AM, PDT)