Screen Film Summit: Understanding the differences between platforms is key to unlocking the potential of a converging world, attendees at Screen’s Film Summit at the BFI Southbank heard today (Dec 2).
A panel on convergence discussed the huge amount of creative potential in the multi-platform arena, but underlined the fact that the appeal of different platforms to audiences had to be fully understood to make projects really work across diverse platforms.
“The promise of convergence is that we can create these storyworlds,” said Film 4.0 commissioning executive Anna Higgs.
Higgs highlighted the strategy taken by Film 4.0 to the multi-platform release of Ben Wheatley’s A Field In England earlier this year which looked to understand the attraction — and differences — of different platforms.
“Thinking about them all as the same pipe to put the same content is dangerous,” she explained.
The problems posed by the range of terms used to describe the arena was also said to be unhelpful »
Similar News ItemsDavid Cronenberg
- Read About a Deadly Mutation in Excerpt from Zac Thompson’s Dystopian Horror Novel Weaponized (From DailyDead. 16 October 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Busan Film Review: ‘Glass Garden’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 October 2017, 9:22 PM, PDT)
- Replace Interview with Barbara Crampton & Norbert Keil (From The Hollywood News. 14 October 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Eva Longoria, Robert De Niro and Many More Celebs Join Campaign for Mexico Earthquake Relief (From PEOPLE.com. 6 October 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Alfonso Cuaron Launches Mexico Rises Campaign for Earthquake Relief (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2017, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro and Alejandro G. Iñarritu Join Forces for Mexico Earthquake Relief — Watch (From Indiewire. 6 October 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Alfonso Cuarón Says ‘The Shape of Water’ is ‘Amazingly Sublime,’ Teases Why ‘Roma’ is Taking So Long (From Indiewire. 16 October 2017, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- The Link and I (From FilmExperience. 16 October 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Alfonso Cuarón on the Lumière Fest, ‘The Shape of Water,’ His Upcoming Film, and Mexico Earthquake Fundraising (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2017, 2:02 PM, PDT)