Paramount Pictures Australia has closed its Perth office and eliminated the sales function in its Brisbane office, while marketing for South Australia is now being handled out of Victoria.
As a result, seven permanent employees have departed.
Sales for Queensland and Wa are now being handled out of Sydney but the Brisbane office will continue to run marketing in that State. Paramount was the last of the major distributors to maintain an office in Perth.
In October the studio laid off 110 employees globally in areas such as international theatrical and home media distribution, marketing, legal and finance.
Paramount has the smallest release slate of the Hollywood studios, although it has scored at the global box-office this year with G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z and Bad Grandpa, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay (I)
- City of Ghosts director Matthew Heineman: 'Imagine seeing people crucified – every day' (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 July 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- ‘Purge 4’ Finds Director in ‘Burning Sands’ Filmmaker Gerard McMurray (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Purge 4' Finds Director in Sundance Filmmaker (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 July 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Third Cloverfield Movie Relocates To February As Paramount Reshuffles Slate (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney's 'Suburbicon' Release Date Moved Up (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 July 2017, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- ‘Cloverfield’ Movie Bumped to February 2018 (From The Wrap. 21 July 2017, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- Dunkirk Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 3:25 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Dunkirk’ Sets Its Sights on $50 Million Opening Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes $8.6 Million in Early International Openings (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 11:22 AM, PDT)