Paramount Pictures Australia has closed its Perth office and eliminated the sales function in its Brisbane office, while marketing for South Australia is now being handled out of Victoria.
As a result, seven permanent employees have departed.
Sales for Queensland and Wa are now being handled out of Sydney but the Brisbane office will continue to run marketing in that State. Paramount was the last of the major distributors to maintain an office in Perth.
In October the studio laid off 110 employees globally in areas such as international theatrical and home media distribution, marketing, legal and finance.
Paramount has the smallest release slate of the Hollywood studios, although it has scored at the global box-office this year with G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z and Bad Grandpa, »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsMichael Bay
- 13 Reasons Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Was The Stupidest 2014 Movie (From Obsessed with Film. 24 November 2014, 2:19 AM, PST)
- Mockingjay Friday Box Office: $55 Million Trails The Hunger Games Predecessors (From TheHDRoom. 22 November 2014, 9:24 PM, PST)
- Mockingjay Friday Box Office Reaches $55 Million to Trail The Hunger Games Predecessors (From TheHDRoom. 22 November 2014, 8:47 PM, PST)
- Interview: Patti Smith Doesn't Want Her Own Biopic! (From FilmExperience. 20 November 2014, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Tech Support: Will 'Interstellar's' woes cost it Oscar attention in the sound mixing race? (From Hitfix. 20 November 2014, 1:10 PM, PST)
- Steve McQueen to direct Widows (From ScreenDaily. 20 November 2014, 11:02 AM, PST)
- Holocaust Doc ‘Night Will Fall’ Gets Global Broadcast (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 6:29 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Aniston, Christoph Waltz on Outrageous Lines and ‘Horrible Bosses 2′ (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2014, 11:14 AM, PST)
- 'The Goldfinch' Brings on 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Writer (From MovieWeb. 19 November 2014, 3:52 PM, PST)