Given the packed schedule of movies in December/January, it.s not surprising that distributors unloaded a bunch of short-run films last weekend, including One Chance, Carrie, Magic Magic and Austenland.
Unsurprisingly, the dominant title was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which dropped by 46% in its second weekend, raking in $6.75 million, bringing its total to a lucrative $22.7 million.
The only other title to gross more than $1 million was Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, which rustled up $1.1 million in its third frame (off 36%), propelling its total to a juicy $7.85 million.
One Chance tells the true story of Paul Potts, the shy, bullied shop assistant and amateur opera singer who won Britain's Got Talent. Directed by The Devil Wears Prada.s David Frankel, the movie musical bombed in the UK but the Australian opening was a bit more respectable at $706,000, released on a very wide 263 screens.
Carrie, Kimberly Peirce.s remake of the »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- Will Poulter To Take On ‘It’s Pennywise? (From The Hollywood News. 4 May 2015, 9:29 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Jen and Sylvia Soska, The Twisted Twins! (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 4 May 2015, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- Will Poulter Sets Sights on Playing Pennywise the Clown in Two-Film Adaptation of Stephen King’s It (From DailyDead. 4 May 2015, 4:37 PM, PDT)
Chloë Grace Moretz
- Lotus Entertainment to sell ‘Magic City’ (From ScreenDaily. 1 May 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Clouds Of Sils Maria – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 April 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Remedial Film School: Watching All About Eve with Amy Nicholson (From FilmSchoolRejects. 30 April 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Suicide Squad set photos feature Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn and more (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 2:16 AM, PDT)
- First look at Will Smith’s Deadshot in full costume for Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- David Ayer shares image of Task Force X from Suicide Squad movie (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 12:25 AM, PDT)