Former New York Observer editor Peter Kaplan has died at age 59.
Kaplan’s wife, Lisa Chase, said he died Friday of cancer in New York City.
Kaplan edited the weekly Observer from 1994 to 2009.
He was credited with honing the paper’s snarky tone and with hiring writers who became influential voices of their era.
More recently Kaplan served as editorial director of Fairchild Fashion Media, a division of Conde Nast Publications.
In addition to his wife, Kaplan is survived by their son, David; three children from his first marriage to Audrey Walker and two brothers.
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsAudrey Walker (I)
- Peter Kaplan, NY Observer Editor Who Hired Candace Bushnell, Dies at 59 (From Variety - TV News. 30 November 2013, 9:50 AM, PST)
- New Poster for Wake Before I Die Comes With a Warning (From Dread Central. 5 January 2013, 12:53 PM, PST)
- J Astro Reviews: “Rage” DVD (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 6 February 2012, 3:12 PM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Friends From College Review: A Cast Like This Is a Terrible Thing to Waste (From TVLine.com. 25 June 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Writer Allan Heinberg Signs ABC Studios Deal (From Variety - TV News. 21 June 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Writer to Pen Shondaland Dramedy Pilot at ABC (From TVLine.com. 21 June 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- This Is the Book Sarah Jessica Parker Thinks You Should Read (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Thomas Haden Church Reveals Why Robert is Blind-Sided by HBO’s ‘Divorce’ (From AwardsDaily. 22 June 2017, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Andy Cohen on His New ‘Connection,’ Patti LuPone and Kathy Griffin (From Variety - TV News. 19 June 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)