Former New York Observer editor Peter Kaplan has died at age 59.
Kaplan’s wife, Lisa Chase, said he died Friday of cancer in New York City.
Kaplan edited the weekly Observer from 1994 to 2009.
He was credited with honing the paper’s snarky tone and with hiring writers who became influential voices of their era.
More recently Kaplan served as editorial director of Fairchild Fashion Media, a division of Conde Nast Publications.
In addition to his wife, Kaplan is survived by their son, David; three children from his first marriage to Audrey Walker and two brothers.
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsAudrey Walker
- Peter Kaplan, NY Observer Editor Who Hired Candace Bushnell, Dies at 59 (From Variety - TV News. 30 November 2013, 9:50 AM, PST)
- New Poster for Wake Before I Die Comes With a Warning (From Dread Central. 5 January 2013, 12:53 PM, PST)
- J Astro Reviews: “Rage” DVD (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 6 February 2012, 3:12 PM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Memorable SAG Awards Snaps to Get You Excited For the Show (From Popsugar. 23 January 2015, 9:33 AM, PST)
- Sundance TV Lab: Boot Camp for Smallscreen Talent (From Variety - TV News. 21 January 2015, 11:31 AM, PST)
- Sundance TV Lab: Boot Camp for Smallscreen Talent (From Variety - Film News. 21 January 2015, 11:31 AM, PST)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- The Weekend's Must-See Snaps! (From Popsugar. 24 January 2015, 3:17 PM, PST)
- CBS Orders Comedy Pilot ‘Life In Pieces'; John Leguizamo to Star in ‘Taxi-22′ (From Variety - TV News. 22 January 2015, 6:30 PM, PST)
- 8 Actresses Who Were Told They Weren’t Pretty Enough to Succeed (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 January 2015, 10:43 AM, PST)