Former New York Observer editor Peter Kaplan has died at age 59.
Kaplan’s wife, Lisa Chase, said he died Friday of cancer in New York City.
Kaplan edited the weekly Observer from 1994 to 2009.
He was credited with honing the paper’s snarky tone and with hiring writers who became influential voices of their era.
More recently Kaplan served as editorial director of Fairchild Fashion Media, a division of Conde Nast Publications.
In addition to his wife, Kaplan is survived by their son, David; three children from his first marriage to Audrey Walker and two brothers.
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsAudrey Walker
- Peter Kaplan, NY Observer Editor Who Hired Candace Bushnell, Dies at 59 (From Variety - TV News. 30 November 2013, 9:50 AM, PST)
- New Poster for Wake Before I Die Comes With a Warning (From Dread Central. 5 January 2013, 12:53 PM, PST)
- J Astro Reviews: “Rage” DVD (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 6 February 2012, 3:12 PM, PST)
"Sex and the City" (1998)
- Cynthia Nixon on Marriage Equality: We Have to Keep Organizing Like Our Lives Depend On It (From Variety - TV News. 1 July 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Creative England appoints director of content (From ScreenDaily. 1 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Caitlyn Jenner Steals the Broadway Spotlight on Her Glamorous Night Out (From Popsugar. 30 June 2015, 7:46 PM, PDT)
Sarah Jessica Parker
- 35 of the Funniest Sex and the City Moments (From BuzzSugar. 27 June 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Bette Midler Really Wants To Make Hocus Pocus 2 (From Cinema Blend. 25 June 2015, 5:51 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Actor Thomas Haden Church is Character Driven in ‘Max’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 25 June 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)