Emma Thompson has discussed her role in latest film Saving Mr Banks.
Thompson plays Mary Poppins author Pl Travers in the movie, about Walt Disney's quest to turn her book into a film.
The role required the actress to listen to audio tapes of Travers in meetings with Disney (played by Tom Hanks) and his team.
She told MSN: "It's really hard work listening to those tapes, because Pl is so awful and so irritating.
"Just listening to them makes you want to throw something heavy at her. But there are lots of little clues about what was really going on, as well."
Thompson added that she could understand why the author did not want to hand over the rights to her book.
She said: "I'm a screenwriter so my characters are designed to move from the page to the screen, and I always find that rather thrilling. But I'm »
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Neon Picks Up Errol Morris’ ‘The B-Side,’ FilmRise Gets Two Sundance Premieres and More (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
- 15 Great Romantic Comedies to Stream on Netflix (From BuzzSugar. 23 February 2017, 11:50 AM, PST)
- Scarlett Johansson to Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ for Fifth Time (From Variety - TV News. 23 February 2017, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Hot Toys reveals its Rocket Raccoon collectible figure from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 February 2017, 9:35 AM, PST)
- New trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 classified (From Flickeringmyth. 24 February 2017, 7:45 AM, PST)
- James Gunn confirms Rob Zombie cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 February 2017, 6:39 AM, PST)
Emma Thompson (I)
- Emma Thompson Won't Be in the Love Actually Sequel For 1 Perfectly Understandable Reason (From BuzzSugar. 24 February 2017, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Emma Thompson Not Taking Part in Love Actually Reunion Due to Alan Rickman's Death: "It's Too Soon" (From E! Online. 24 February 2017, 8:34 AM, PST)
- Emma Thompson Says It’s Too Soon For Her Character To Feature In A ‘Love Actually’ Sequel Following Alan Rickman’s Death (From ET Canada. 24 February 2017, 6:37 AM, PST)