Emma Thompson has discussed her role in latest film Saving Mr Banks.
Thompson plays Mary Poppins author Pl Travers in the movie, about Walt Disney's quest to turn her book into a film.
The role required the actress to listen to audio tapes of Travers in meetings with Disney (played by Tom Hanks) and his team.
She told MSN: "It's really hard work listening to those tapes, because Pl is so awful and so irritating.
"Just listening to them makes you want to throw something heavy at her. But there are lots of little clues about what was really going on, as well."
Thompson added that she could understand why the author did not want to hand over the rights to her book.
She said: "I'm a screenwriter so my characters are designed to move from the page to the screen, and I always find that rather thrilling. But I'm »
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Mark Wahlberg Joins Boston Bombing Drama 'Patriots' Day' (From MovieWeb. 31 March 2015, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- 8 Unmade Steven Spielberg Films (From SoundOnSight. 31 March 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Digital Audience Ratings: ‘Corden’ Hits Huge Debut; 10 Years of ‘Grey’s’ Makes Top 10 (From Variety - TV News. 31 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Aw! Emily Blunt and John Krasinski to Play Married Couple in Animated Film Animal Crackers (From E! Online. 30 March 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs (From Deadline. 30 March 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Emily Blunt joins 'Animal Crackers' (From ScreenDaily. 30 March 2015, 10:09 AM, PDT)
Emma Thompson (I)
- Lupita Nyong'o thought life would go 'back to normal' after the Oscars (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 31 March 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Effie Gray Movie Review (From ShockYa. 29 March 2015, 9:05 PM, PDT)
- Audra McDonald Joins Beauty And The Beast (From EmpireOnline. 29 March 2015, 10:23 AM, PDT)