Emma Thompson has discussed her role in latest film Saving Mr Banks.
Thompson plays Mary Poppins author Pl Travers in the movie, about Walt Disney's quest to turn her book into a film.
The role required the actress to listen to audio tapes of Travers in meetings with Disney (played by Tom Hanks) and his team.
She told MSN: "It's really hard work listening to those tapes, because Pl is so awful and so irritating.
"Just listening to them makes you want to throw something heavy at her. But there are lots of little clues about what was really going on, as well."
Thompson added that she could understand why the author did not want to hand over the rights to her book.
She said: "I'm a screenwriter so my characters are designed to move from the page to the screen, and I always find that rather thrilling. But I'm »
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Ron Howard begins shooting in Italy on Dan Brown's Inferno with Tom Hanks (From JoBlo. 27 April 2015, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- 11 Great Romantic Comedies to Stream on Netflix (From BuzzSugar. 27 April 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer asks Hollywood 'don't show any more Kevin Hart movies' (From Hitfix. 24 April 2015, 12:32 AM, PDT)
- Michael B. Jordan 'ripped' for Creed role (From National Ledger. 27 April 2015, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson Have a Sweet Double Date With Their Guys (From Popsugar. 24 April 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. CinemaCon Video Blog Recap: Vacation, Creed, Black Mass, and More (From Collider.com. 22 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Emma Thompson (I)
- Time Machine: Burton and Bonham Carter Sporting Matching Hairdos on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Stanley Tucci Joins 'Beauty and the Beast' as a New Character (From Moviefone. 23 April 2015, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Ewan McGregor To Light Up ‘Beauty And The Beast’ As Lumiere (From The Hollywood News. 23 April 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)