Disney should feel good about its frosty feature this frame. Among a crowded slate of newcomers, the Mouse’s “Frozen” appears to be the only one to break into the top five.
Leading the holdovers, Lionsgate’s “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” is burning bright for the second weekend with an anticipated $110 million in five days. With a little luck, the dystopian actioner may cross $300 million domestically and should definitely cross $500 million worldwide by Monday.
Programming for families with children who may be too young for “Catching Fire,” “Frozen” is headed for second with around $90 million Wednesday-Sunday. The record-holders for Thanksgiving openers include “Toy Story 2″ and “Tangled” in the first and second slots, so Disney has proven its strategy with this frame and it’s paying off handsomely for “Frozen.”
- Michael Sullivan
Similar News ItemsThor: The Dark World (2013)
- The Art of ‘Deadpool’: Chatting with the Movie’s Credits Artist (Plus See His Piece Created for Us!) (From Fandango. 9 February 2016, 1:44 PM, PST)
- Round-Up: Submerged & Dementia Blu-rays, Hardcore Henry Poster, Ballet Of Blood, The Haunted World Of CW (From DailyDead. 9 February 2016, 7:15 AM, PST)
- New promotional posters for Suicide Squad featuring Task Force X and Harley Quinn (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2016, 11:52 PM, PST)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 Blu-ray details announced, four-film box set also confirmed (From Flickeringmyth. 5 February 2016, 3:14 PM, PST)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice forecast for $154 million domestic opening (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Mockingjay Part II and Complete Hunger Games Collection Due 3/22 (From Comicmix. 27 January 2016, 2:30 PM, PST)
Toy Story 2 (1999)
- The Greatest Kidnapping Comedies of All-Time (From The Film Stage. 4 February 2016, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Mock Donald Trump's Second-Place Iowa Finish (From Rolling Stone. 4 February 2016, 6:02 AM, PST)
- Anomalisa – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 14 January 2016, 3:45 PM, PST)