If you have played The Last of Us on Playstation 3 it has likely ruined video gaming for you. The world created is so vivid and believable that every game afterward just feels dated and empty.
Throughout, The Last of Us is unwaveringly real, full of seemingly inconsequential details such as every weapon or object you carry being attached or able to fit into your character’s backpack. Contrast this with Grand Theft Auto V where a rocket launcher appears out of your trouser pocket and it’s clear that if game developers really want to create a living, breathing parallel to reality they need to treat it as reality – no short cuts.
Actor Troy Baker who motion-capped and provided the voice for The Last of Us’ main protagonist Joel.
We would not recommend reading this article until you have played the game from beginning to end, so there is perhaps »
- Christopher Laverty
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead Tops EW's Most Shocking TV Moments Of 2014 (From ComicBookMovie. 28 December 2014, 4:42 AM, PST)
- Walking With The Dead: The Walking Dead Podcast S5E8 – Coda (From Film-Book. 27 December 2014, 10:10 PM, PST)
- Walking With The Dead: The Walking Dead Podcast S5E7 – Crossed (From Film-Book. 27 December 2014, 10:02 PM, PST)
- 50 Best Films of 2014, Part 3 (From SoundOnSight. 28 December 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)
- The Best Picture Puzzle Has How Many Pieces? (From FilmExperience. 28 December 2014, 8:11 AM, PST)
- 12 best performances of 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
- The 10 Best Posters of 2014 (From Cineplex. 24 December 2014, 7:29 AM, PST)
- Watch: 37-Minute Talk With Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross About Scoring David Fincher's 'Gone Girl' (From The Playlist. 22 December 2014, 9:50 AM, PST)
- 4 Things Movies Taught Us In 2014 (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 7:20 AM, PST)