The ending to The Last of Us was simply magnificent. After the way Telltale’s The Walking Dead series pulled at the heartstrings last year, I knew Naughty Dog had a gauntlet if they were going to convince me they could match it. Could they have me tearing in those final moments, agonizingly pushing me towards the finale? In a word, yes. But that all came post-credits.
What happened simply bewildered my senses. It sacrificed the traditional video game ending of a big boss battle, an emotional goodbye or a sacrifice for something more anti-climactic. As a result, nothing prepared me for the subtle exchange of words that would, after reflecting on the moment, carry so much characterization and commentary on not only the story but the world that I inhabit. The world that I love. The world that now terrifies me.
At first I viewed the ending as the »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Comic Book Critical Mass: Inside TV's Biggest Bet (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Sonequa Martin-Green Is Pregnant, Walking Dead Star Expecting First Child With Husband Kenric Green (From Us Weekly. 18 September 2014, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- 'The Walking Dead' star Danai Gurira wigs out (From EW.com - Inside TV. 18 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
To Be Continued (2007)
- Marvelous Da7e Survived Marvel Universe Live! (From LatinoReview. 14 August 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Doopie's Doodles: Marvel's Defenders Part II (From ComicBookMovie. 8 August 2014, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- 10 Blockbuster Movies Way Too Desperate For A Sequel (From Obsessed with Film. 1 August 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)