The ending to The Last of Us was simply magnificent. After the way Telltale’s The Walking Dead series pulled at the heartstrings last year, I knew Naughty Dog had a gauntlet if they were going to convince me they could match it. Could they have me tearing in those final moments, agonizingly pushing me towards the finale? In a word, yes. But that all came post-credits.
What happened simply bewildered my senses. It sacrificed the traditional video game ending of a big boss battle, an emotional goodbye or a sacrifice for something more anti-climactic. As a result, nothing prepared me for the subtle exchange of words that would, after reflecting on the moment, carry so much characterization and commentary on not only the story but the world that I inhabit. The world that I love. The world that now terrifies me.
At first I viewed the ending as the »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- People's Choice Awards 2017 Winners: Priyanka Chopra, Outlander and More (From TVLine.com. 18 January 2017, 6:10 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead Producers Toned Down The Violence After Season 7 Premiere (From We Got This Covered. 18 January 2017, 5:01 PM, PST)
- Rick Stares Down a Mysterious Character in New Photo from The Walking Dead Season 7’s Second Half (From DailyDead. 18 January 2017, 4:32 PM, PST)
To Be Continued (2007)
- ‘The Bachelor’ Recap: Nick Viall Is Living His Nightmare (From Variety - TV News. 9 January 2017, 8:01 PM, PST)
- Lil Wayne's Camp Assured by Shkreli ... No More 'Carter V' Leaks (From TMZ. 8 January 2017, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 7 Episode 12 Review: Ka 'aelike (The Deal) (From TVfanatic. 6 January 2017, 9:33 PM, PST)