(Lucien Castaing-Taylor, Véréna Paravel, 2012, Fra/UK/Us) 87 mins
An arthouse fishing-trawler documentary sounds like a practical joke, but this takes us to places we've never before – into the ocean depths and back out on to the decks with the catch. It's a series of dark, semi-abstract tableaux full of flapping fish, clanking machinery and tattooed fishermen doing wet, gory work. It's easy to forget this is real life you're watching.
Saving Mr Banks (PG)
How Walt Disney came to make Mary Poppins was hardly a pressing movie mystery, and one suspects a spoonful of drama has been added, but the leads are eminently watchable.
- Steve Rose
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- ‘Batman’ Comic Writers Agree: Christopher Nolan ‘Got It Right’ (From Screen Rant. 29 July 2014, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- ‘Batkid’ Documentary Campaign Reaches Halfway Point, Trailer Launches (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- 9 best moments from Benedict Cumberbatch's Comic-Con debut (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller film at Burger King, 'flip burgers' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 July 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Drax the Destroyer Featurette (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy After Credits Scene Leaks (From ComicBookMovie. 30 July 2014, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- 'Forrest Gump' 20th Anniversary Re-Release on IMAX for One Week (From FirstShowing.net. 29 July 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- 'Forrest Gump' 20th Anniversary IMAX Poster (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2014, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- 'Forrest Gump' Is Coming to IMAX (From LatinoReview. 29 July 2014, 8:55 AM, PDT)