When World War Z hit home video back in September, we were bummed to discover that the much-publicized alternate ending of the film, which was completely re-shot for the finished product, wasn't included with the release or even mentioned in any of the special features.
For those that have been waiting for some sort of explanation, director Marc Forster has just offered one up to the folks over at Empire. They caught up with him at Poland's Camerimge Festival of Cinematography and pressed him for answers. "Basically, originally there was a third act that I thought didn't work," he explained. "As we were shooting, we were discussing it and rewriting and rewriting it."
You can read a full rundown of the original ending right here, »
- John Squires
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- "Friends" Turns 20 -- See More Must-See TV Stars Today! (From TooFab. 22 September 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- David Fincher Originally Wanted Ned Beatty To Play John Doe In 'Se7en,' Talks Unmarketable 'Fight Club' And More (From The Playlist. 22 September 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Ginnifer Goodwin Gushes About Her Baby Boy (From Popsugar. 22 September 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)
World War Z (2013)
- Walter White May Tackle Zombies In Chinese Adventure The Great Wall (From We Got This Covered. 22 September 2014, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon Circling The Great Wall for Hero Director Zhang Yimou (From Collider.com. 22 September 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review: The Maze Runner (From CinemaNerdz. 18 September 2014, 9:04 PM, PDT)
- Dark Horse Unveils 50th Anniversary Issue of Creepy Comic Book Series (From DailyDead. 10 September 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Subscribe to Box of Dread's Twilight Zone September to Win The Walking Dead Season 4 Seventh Box (From Dread Central. 8 September 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Labor Day Weekend Box Office Report: As Above/So Below Somewhere in the Middle (From Dread Central. 1 September 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)