When World War Z hit home video back in September, we were bummed to discover that the much-publicized alternate ending of the film, which was completely re-shot for the finished product, wasn't included with the release or even mentioned in any of the special features.
For those that have been waiting for some sort of explanation, director Marc Forster has just offered one up to the folks over at Empire. They caught up with him at Poland's Camerimge Festival of Cinematography and pressed him for answers. "Basically, originally there was a third act that I thought didn't work," he explained. "As we were shooting, we were discussing it and rewriting and rewriting it."
You can read a full rundown of the original ending right here, »
- John Squires
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Kiss for First Time as a Married Couple—See the Wedding Photo! (From E! Online. 2 September 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Gave a Touching Wedding Tribute to Angelina Jolie's Late Mother Marcheline Bertrand (From National Ledger. 2 September 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Race in Ridley Scott's 'Exodus', Celebrity Phones Hacked and Games (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
World War Z (2013)
- Win Great ‘If I Stay’ Goodies! (From The Hollywood News. 2 September 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Conversation With The November Man Composer Marco Beltrami (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 1 September 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Reaper Awards Nominees Announced; Fan Vote Now Open! (From Dread Central. 1 September 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Labor Day Weekend Box Office Report: As Above/So Below Somewhere in the Middle (From Dread Central. 1 September 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: As Above/So Below's John Erick and Drew Dowdle Talk Filming Underground Found-Footage Style (From Dread Central. 29 August 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Investigate if Things Are As Above/So Below in Our Dueling Reviews (From Dread Central. 29 August 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)