The evidence from Saatchi, which was delivered during the trial of the couple’s assistants Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, contradicts an email he sent claiming she was “off her head” on drugs.
Lawson is a judge on ABC’s cooking show “The Taste,” and the allegations could damage her TV career.
Saatchi told the court, “I have never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever.”
The defense had produced his email as part of its case.
Saatchi said, “I’m utterly bereft that this private email to Nigella has come back to haunt us both.”
When asked if he believed allegations that Lawson was a habitual cocaine user, Saatchi said: “I do not know.”
The Grillos used company credit »
- Leo Barraclough
Similar News ItemsNigella Lawson
- Ruby Tandoh criticises celebrity cooks for 'suspicious silence' over election (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 June 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- MasterChef review: mince with ketchup, custard ravioli and … a new market (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 March 2017, 11:20 PM, PDT)
- Thursday’s best TV: The Cook Who Changed Our Lives; Who Do You Think You Are (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 December 2016, 10:09 PM, PST)
"The Taste" (2013/I)
- Chefs Impact Report: The Culinary Celebs Cooking Up Empires in Entertainment (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2016, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Chefs Impact Report: The Culinary Celebs Cooking Up Empires in Entertainment (From Variety - TV News. 25 February 2016, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Nigella Lawson: the domestic goddess is back and bang on form (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 November 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Rita Ora 'naughtier' than Kylie Minogue and Jessie J (From Virgin Media - TV. 2 January 2015, 1:15 AM, PST)
- What Is 'The Taste' Cooking Up This Season? Et Goes Behind the Scenes (From Entertainment Tonight. 4 December 2014, 5:06 PM, PST)
- This Painting of Nigella Lawson Being Choked by Ex Charles Saatchi Is of Questionable Taste—and It Can Be Yours for $30,000 (From E! Online. 30 June 2014, 7:44 PM, PDT)