The evidence from Saatchi, which was delivered during the trial of the couple’s assistants Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, contradicts an email he sent claiming she was “off her head” on drugs.
Lawson is a judge on ABC’s cooking show “The Taste,” and the allegations could damage her TV career.
Saatchi told the court, “I have never, never seen any evidence of Nigella taking any drug whatsoever.”
The defense had produced his email as part of its case.
Saatchi said, “I’m utterly bereft that this private email to Nigella has come back to haunt us both.”
When asked if he believed allegations that Lawson was a habitual cocaine user, Saatchi said: “I do not know.”
The Grillos used company credit »
- Leo Barraclough
Similar News ItemsNigella Lawson
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2′ Confirmed (From The Hollywood News. 26 July 2014, 8:38 PM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – Goddess (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 15 July 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Rachel Khoo: broadcasters are 'pathetic' about hiring female chefs (From The Guardian - TV News. 2 June 2014, 11:26 PM, PDT)
"The Taste" (2013/I)
- TV News: 2014 Emmy Award Nominations Announced (From HollywoodChicago.com. 10 July 2014, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Include The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story (From DailyDead. 10 July 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- 66th Annual Emmy Nominations Announced (From We Got This Covered. 10 July 2014, 8:22 AM, PDT)
- This Painting of Nigella Lawson Being Choked by Ex Charles Saatchi Is of Questionable Taste—and It Can Be Yours for $30,000 (From E! Online. 30 June 2014, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Nigella Lawson's recent Us flight ban blamed on ex- hubby Charles Saatchi (From RealBollywood. 6 April 2014, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- Nigella Lawson says split with hubby made her feel like she 'lost a layer of skin' (From RealBollywood. 28 March 2014, 10:33 PM, PDT)