Marrakech — Traditionally known for its thick French accent, Marrakech’s glamorous opening night, held on Friday at the Congress Palace, had a definite Hollywood flavor with Sharon Stone getting a career tribute, as well as jury president Martin Scorsese and fellow members Marion Cotillard and Patricia Clarkson, among others international guests.
“It’s good to be home again here in Marrakech. I’ve made two features here. It’s also a precious moment for cinema, as you can tell from the roster of guests – there are so many talents in attendance this year,” said Scorsese, after being welcomed on stage with a long standing ovation.
Marrakech’s opening night gathered the jury members: directors Paolo Sorrentino, Amat Escalante (“Heli”), Anurag Kashyap (“Ugly”), Park Chan-wook (“Oldboy”), Fatih Akin (“New York, I Love You”) and Narjiss Nejjar (“Les yeux secs”), thesps Golshifteh Farahani, Elsa Zylberstein, Tahar Rahim and Francois Cluzet, Cesar Academy »
- Elsa Keslassy
Similar News ItemsMartin Scorsese
- First Picture of Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese's 'Silence' as Production Wraps in Taiwan (From Rope Of Silicon. 4 May 2015, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- Silence: First Images of Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese’s Spiritual Drama (From Collider.com. 4 May 2015, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Garfield Plays Priest in First Look at Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ (Photo) (From The Wrap. 4 May 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender says Assassin’s Creed movie will start shooting in September (From Flickeringmyth. 2 May 2015, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Paltrow Silvery Oscar Dress at 83rd Academy Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- Contest: Win Xavier Dolan's Cannes Winning 'Mommy' On DVD (From The Playlist. 1 May 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- First Cut Of 'Child 44' Was 5 1/2 Hours Long, But Finished Movie Still Had Editing Problems (From The Playlist. 4 May 2015, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- "Child 44" Is Bombing Badly At Box-Office (From Dark Horizons. 3 May 2015, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- Where Are the Women? Child 44 (From FlickFilosopher. 22 April 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)