Traidtional holiday faves like the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC and “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” on ABC scored strong ratings on Thursday but the Alphabet’s special featuring Lady Gaga and the Muppets failed to bring in much of a crowd.
According to preliminary national estimates from Nielsen, “Lady Gaga & The Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular” averaged a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49/3 share and 3.6 million viewers overall from 9:30 to 11 p.m. While that left it behind football on NBC and repeats on CBS, it matched Fox’s “Glee” original in the demo while drawing more total viewers.
The special saw the singer and puppet ensemble perform songs from her new album with guests including Elton John, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Kristen Bell. Gaga was looking to recruit new fans as her “Artpop” recently bowed at No. 1 on the Billboard albums chart but took a sharp dive in its second week. »
- Rick Kissell
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Liam Neeson Fights to Stop Ban on New York City's Horse-Drawn Carriages (From PEOPLE.com. 11 March 2014, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- “Glee” Returns to Nationals, Lady Sif Fights with “S.H.I.E.L.D.” and Adult Swim Turns to “Black Jesus” (From The Backlot. 11 March 2014, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Sneak peek: Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts in 'The Normal Heart' (From Gold Derby. 11 March 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber crashes SXSW with surprise performance (From Hitfix. 10 March 2014, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie is Stunningly Scary on New "Maleficent" Poster! (From TooFab. 10 March 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' hits SXSW to help 'Keep Austin Weird' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 10 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- what’s on Amazon UK Instant Video, blinkbox, BBC iPlayer, Curzon on Demand (from Mar 10) (From FlickFilosopher. 10 March 2014, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Trailer Debuts (From Access Hollywood. 8 March 2014, 6:46 AM, PST)
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt's perfect 'David After Dentist' recreation (From Pop2it. 7 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)