In awards consideration, a voter tries to be objective. But when any human watches a film or TV show, they bring along all their thoughts and feelings about life — and death.
By any standard, James Gandolfini’s performance in “Enough Said” is a gem. But it is hard to watch the film without occasionally thinking about his shocking death in June at age 51. Should those thoughts affect his awards chances? Absolutely not.
In conversations, many people have told me they like the film, but they almost never mention him. If I bring up Gandolfini’s name, they say “He’s wonderful, it’s so sad, isn’t it?” or something similar. People don’t like to be reminded of death, and I fear he is getting more pity than appreciation, as if his performance belongs in a different, lesser category.
I just hope everyone will consider his work with the »
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsMichael Fassbender
- Rumorville - This Actor Just May Be in Contention to Play Apocalypse in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (From ShadowAndAct. 21 November 2014, 4:20 PM, PST)
- 5 Times Awesome Celebrities Interviewed Each Other (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 1:26 PM, PST)
- Marion Cotillard on 'Macbeth': 'I lost control of everything' (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 10:25 AM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- Channing Tatum to make directorial debut with novel adaptation (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 November 2014, 4:20 AM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- A Mid-November Oscar Predictions Update (From Hollywoodnews.com. 21 November 2014, 11:34 AM, PST)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- ‘Guardians’ Director James Gunn: Shared Movie Universe ‘Business Model Is Flawed’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 November 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Box Office: 'Mockingjay' trails previous 'Hunger Games' films with $55 million Friday (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 9:57 AM, PST)
- Evangeline Lilly said she “held off” from joining Marvel’s Ant-Man after Edgar Wright’s departure (From Flickeringmyth. 22 November 2014, 1:41 AM, PST)