It turns out moviegoers want fire and ice this Thanksgiving.
Both The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Disney’s Frozen are thriving at the box office, so much so that the films are on track to break records and achieve the two best Thanksgiving five-day weekends of all time.
Catching Fire earned $20.7 million on Wednesday and $14.9 million on Thursday. That $35.6 million haul puts the film on track for a five-day weekend of about $100-105 million, which will handily beat Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $82.4 million gross over the same period of time in 2001. Remarkably, Catching Fire will have »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJason Statham
- What's New on TV, Netflix Streaming, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: November 30-December 6 (From Moviefone. 30 November 2015, 8:30 AM, PST)
- The Bill/Den Of Geek Christmas party! (From Den of Geek. 30 November 2015, 5:35 AM, PST)
- Dara O Briain interview: comedy, Isle Of Man, IMDb (From Den of Geek. 24 November 2015, 10:11 AM, PST)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- 2015 Amazon Cyber Monday Sales Items (From Dark Horizons. 29 November 2015, 9:48 PM, PST)
- ‘Good Dinosaur,’ ‘Creed’ Can’t Break Thanksgiving Box Office Records (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2015, 4:42 PM, PST)
- ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2’ Soars to $300 Million Worldwide (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2015, 9:03 AM, PST)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Film Review: Chi-Raq (From LatinoReview. 30 November 2015, 6:57 AM, PST)
- ‘Chi-Raq’ Star Angela Bassett on Chicago Gun Violence: ‘It’s Shameful’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 25 November 2015, 5:05 PM, PST)
- Watch: Spike Lee is Calling For A State of Emergency in 'Chi-Raq' Trailer (From Indiewire. 25 November 2015, 6:56 AM, PST)