It turns out moviegoers want fire and ice this Thanksgiving.
Both The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Disney’s Frozen are thriving at the box office, so much so that the films are on track to break records and achieve the two best Thanksgiving five-day weekends of all time.
Catching Fire earned $20.7 million on Wednesday and $14.9 million on Thursday. That $35.6 million haul puts the film on track for a five-day weekend of about $100-105 million, which will handily beat Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $82.4 million gross over the same period of time in 2001. Remarkably, Catching Fire will have »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJason Statham
- "Furious 7" - More Action Footage (From SneakPeek. 28 March 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 40 Pairs of IMAX Passes to ‘Furious 7’ With Vin Diesel, Paul Walker (From HollywoodChicago.com. 28 March 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Jason Statham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley buy Beverly Hills mansion (From National Ledger. 28 March 2015, 10:58 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Box Office Democracy: The Divergent Series: Insurgent (From Comicmix. 24 March 2015, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Why The Hobbit Fails Where The Lord of the Rings Succeeded (From Cinelinx. 20 March 2015, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- What's in a Trailer Viewc Do Viewing Records Even Matterc (From Rope Of Silicon. 20 March 2015, 11:04 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2015: Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez & Tons of Slime (From Variety - TV News. 28 March 2015, 8:34 PM, PDT)
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Winners: The Complete List (From The Wrap. 28 March 2015, 6:50 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Makes Surprise Appearance at Kids' Choice Awards, Brings Shiloh and Zahara as Her Special Dates (From E! Online. 28 March 2015, 6:05 PM, PDT)