It turns out moviegoers want fire and ice this Thanksgiving.
Both The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Disney’s Frozen are thriving at the box office, so much so that the films are on track to break records and achieve the two best Thanksgiving five-day weekends of all time.
Catching Fire earned $20.7 million on Wednesday and $14.9 million on Thursday. That $35.6 million haul puts the film on track for a five-day weekend of about $100-105 million, which will handily beat Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $82.4 million gross over the same period of time in 2001. Remarkably, Catching Fire will have »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJason Statham
- On Demand DVD New Releases: March 10-16 (From ChannelGuideMag. 10 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – March 10th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 10 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Homefront – The Blu Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 March 2014, 8:06 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- 9 things we learned from The Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD extras (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 March 2014, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- Win The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 10 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Win: The Hunger Games – Catching Fire Blu-ray (From Obsessed with Film. 10 March 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Saturday Night Takeaway catches up but The Voice still tops ratings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 March 2014, 4:17 AM, PDT)
- Where Do Most Runners-up on Reality Talent Shows End Up? (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Best Looks of the Week: Amber Heard's Wrap Dress, Elle Fanning's Darling Miu Miu Outfit & More! (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 11:51 AM, PST)