Of the three dozen films identified as potential Oscar contenders, 22 of them have at least one female producer.
That seems to indicate women producers are gaining more equality with their male counterparts. And the Producers Guild of America says that nearly half (47%, to be exact) of its 6,000 members are women, according to Lydia Dean Pilcher of the PGA Women’s Impact Network.
But while those tallies represent some progress for femme producers over the past decade, a closer look reveals something troubling: There’s still a huge economic disparity between the sexes.
Stacy Smith, a professor at USC Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism, says that the role of women seems to diminish in direct correlation to the cost of movies.
- Tim Gray
Similar News ItemsMan of Steel (2013)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Paradise Island' (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2014, 5:01 AM, PST)
- Jurassic World trailer – Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 4:36 AM, PST)
- 'Justic League: Dark' Script Is Finished Says Guillermo Del Toro (From LatinoReview. 26 November 2014, 1:10 AM, PST)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Gwyneth Paltrow On 'Pepper Potts' Possibly Returning In Captain America: Civil War (From ComicBookMovie. 25 November 2014, 5:00 PM, PST)
- "Jurassic World": New Footage and Images (From SneakPeek. 25 November 2014, 11:21 AM, PST)
- Watch the first trailer for Jurassic World (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2014, 9:39 AM, PST)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- Five reasons why we love Benedict Cumberbatch (From Cineplex. 25 November 2014, 3:47 PM, PST)
- Watch highlights from the Horrible Bosses 2 press conference (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2014, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Christoph Waltz Reportedly Playing Bond’s Greatest Villain In Next '007' Film (From LatinoReview. 25 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)