Wherever you go in town this time of year you’re likely to run into a filmmaker. Or an actor. Or at least a producer.
It’s not that normally inaccessible movie stars are suddenly becoming pedestrian friendly. It’s just that in this corridor of time known as awards season, “face time” takes on great import for those who have a shot at a nomination. So they’re out there pitching their wares to prospective voters like salesmen with their fall line.
Face time takes on many different forms — Q&A sessions, cocktail receptions, dinner parties and, of course, the nonstop ritual of hosted screenings. Such figures as Emma Thompson, George Clooney or Tom Hanks become instantly ubiquitous, but this year far more so than in previous campaigns. The reason: Most studios are curtailing their ad budgets and relying much more on promotion to push awards contenders. And the »
- Peter Bart
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- New Venice Titles Leaked Ahead of Announcement (From AwardsDaily. 21 July 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Third Cloverfield Movie Relocates To February As Paramount Reshuffles Slate (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Cloverfield 3 Moves to 2018; George Clooney’s Suburbicon Pushed Up (From Screen Rant. 21 July 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Stuck In Stories: The Films Of Christopher Nolan (From LRM Online. 21 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway to Star in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘O2’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Get excited for The Dark Tower and It with our Stephen King supercut! (From Cineplex. 20 July 2017, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan: from superheroes to Dunkirk’s small tales of heroism | the Observer profile (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 July 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Alfonso Cuarón Is the Best Director of the 21st Century, According to Metacritic — See the Top 25 (From Indiewire. 22 July 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Explains Why He Doesn’t Allow Phones On Set (From The Playlist. 22 July 2017, 7:29 AM, PDT)