Wherever you go in town this time of year you’re likely to run into a filmmaker. Or an actor. Or at least a producer.
It’s not that normally inaccessible movie stars are suddenly becoming pedestrian friendly. It’s just that in this corridor of time known as awards season, “face time” takes on great import for those who have a shot at a nomination. So they’re out there pitching their wares to prospective voters like salesmen with their fall line.
Face time takes on many different forms — Q&A sessions, cocktail receptions, dinner parties and, of course, the nonstop ritual of hosted screenings. Such figures as Emma Thompson, George Clooney or Tom Hanks become instantly ubiquitous, but this year far more so than in previous campaigns. The reason: Most studios are curtailing their ad budgets and relying much more on promotion to push awards contenders. And the »
- Peter Bart
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Directing a Dark Comedy About Mental Warfare (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 4:07 PM, PST)
- Trailer For Netflix’s A Very Murray Christmas (From TheMovieBit. 24 November 2015, 2:29 AM, PST)
- On this day in history: ‘Doctor Who’ premiered on BBC (From Hitfix. 23 November 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Star-Lord's Dad Revealed in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'? (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- In Praise of Adele, My Fat, Flawless Heroine (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 6:56 AM, PST)
Mark Wahlberg (I)
- New poster and two TV spots for Daddy’s Home starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Heading for Massive $170 Million-Plus Opening (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 7:44 AM, PST)
- ‘Ted 2: Extended Edition’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 23 November 2015, 2:34 PM, PST)