Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
Over in the Us, The Mentalist finally played its trump card last Sunday (November 24) and revealed the true face of Red John.
But it begs the question... can The Mentalist go on without its driving force and chief boogeyman? Here's five other TV shows that did survive a creative revamp...
> The Mentalist: Red John finally unmasked - Have your say
When Blake's 7 star Gareth Thomas decided to depart the BBC sci-fi drama back in 1979, the show's producers were faced with the difficult task of producing a third series without their title character. Rather than replace Blake outright, they decided to have Paul Darrow's wily »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- All About The Strain in this Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse Extended Interview (From ScifiMafia. 12 July 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 - Friday Schedule Announced (From GeekTyrant. 11 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Lost Alum, Queer Guy Invade DirecTV's Kingdom (From TVLine.com. 11 July 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Douglas Smith lands a mystery role in Terminator: Genesis (From Flickeringmyth. 12 July 2014, 1:53 AM, PDT)
- Is The Kasterborous Constellation Real? (From Kasterborous. 12 July 2014, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2014 Doctor Who Comics Panel and Signing! (From Kasterborous. 11 July 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Robert Patrick (I)
- Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Thursday, July 24th (From MovieWeb. 10 July 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- San Diego Comic-Con TV Schedule: Will Your Favorite Shows Be There? (From Variety - TV News. 8 July 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- "True Blood" Shocker! Show's Latest Victim Speaks Out (From TooFab. 6 July 2014, 8:19 PM, PDT)