Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
Over in the Us, The Mentalist finally played its trump card last Sunday (November 24) and revealed the true face of Red John.
But it begs the question... can The Mentalist go on without its driving force and chief boogeyman? Here's five other TV shows that did survive a creative revamp...
> The Mentalist: Red John finally unmasked - Have your say
When Blake's 7 star Gareth Thomas decided to depart the BBC sci-fi drama back in 1979, the show's producers were faced with the difficult task of producing a third series without their title character. Rather than replace Blake outright, they decided to have Paul Darrow's wily »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- The Best TV Characters of the 2000s, Ranked (From Indiewire Television. 27 June 2017, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- The Best TV Characters of the 2000s, Ranked (From Indiewire. 27 June 2017, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Damon Lindelof Promises Justin Theroux Will Get Naked if ‘The Leftovers’ Gets Emmy Nominations (From The Wrap. 27 June 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Doctor Who: Who are the Mondasian Cybermen? (From Monsters and Critics. 24 June 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- The 10 best Doctors from Doctor Who (From Monsters and Critics. 23 June 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who series 10 episode 11: World Enough And Time review (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2017, 2:44 AM, PDT)
Robert Patrick (I)
- Great Job, Internet!: The machines have won and Terminator 2 has been remade in Grand Theft Auto V (From The AV Club. 26 May 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Scorpion: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 May 2017, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Focus Features Picks Up ‘Tully,’ Electric Entertainment Buys ‘Lbj’ and More (From Indiewire. 5 May 2017, 2:57 PM, PDT)