Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
Over in the Us, The Mentalist finally played its trump card last Sunday (November 24) and revealed the true face of Red John.
But it begs the question... can The Mentalist go on without its driving force and chief boogeyman? Here's five other TV shows that did survive a creative revamp...
> The Mentalist: Red John finally unmasked - Have your say
When Blake's 7 star Gareth Thomas decided to depart the BBC sci-fi drama back in 1979, the show's producers were faced with the difficult task of producing a third series without their title character. Rather than replace Blake outright, they decided to have Paul Darrow's wily »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Lost producer says a new version of the iconic TV series is inevitable (From JoBlo. 30 September 2014, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- The Strain, Ep. 1.12, “Last Rites” is only a test (From SoundOnSight. 29 September 2014, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Lost Fans Should Watch Once Upon a Time (From VH1.com. 29 September 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Big Finish Remembers Maggie Stables (From Kasterborous. 1 October 2014, 12:34 AM, PDT)
- Frankie Boyle gives BBC his vote with Scottish referendum autopsy | Media Monkey (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 October 2014, 12:05 AM, PDT)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Shining, Totoro, David Lynch, Transformers, GoT, Frozen, Mindy Kaling, Doctor Who (From Slash Film. 30 September 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
Robert Patrick (I)
- Scorpion: ITV2 to air Us tech thriller in the UK (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 September 2014, 3:17 AM, PDT)
- ITV Acquires New CBS Series 'Scorpion' for U.K. (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 September 2014, 2:56 AM, PDT)
- Scorpion: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 September 2014, 1:13 PM, PDT)