Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.
Over in the Us, The Mentalist finally played its trump card last Sunday (November 24) and revealed the true face of Red John.
But it begs the question... can The Mentalist go on without its driving force and chief boogeyman? Here's five other TV shows that did survive a creative revamp...
> The Mentalist: Red John finally unmasked - Have your say
When Blake's 7 star Gareth Thomas decided to depart the BBC sci-fi drama back in 1979, the show's producers were faced with the difficult task of producing a third series without their title character. Rather than replace Blake outright, they decided to have Paul Darrow's wily »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Tomorrowland Featurettes Reveal What Raffey Cassidy’s Athena is Capable Of (From Collider.com. 30 April 2015, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Agents of Shield, Ep. 2.19, “The Dirty Half Dozen”: Together Again (From SoundOnSight. 29 April 2015, 5:53 PM, PDT)
- When is the Right Time to Pull the Plug on a Long-Running Show? (From Variety - TV News. 29 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- 50% Off Doctor Who T-Shirts at BustedTees! (From Kasterborous. 3 May 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron ending analysis with spoilers (From Shadowlocked. 2 May 2015, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- NuWho 10th Anniversary: What Is Your Most Underrated Series 3 Story? (From Kasterborous. 2 May 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
Robert Patrick (I)
- Mitch Pileggi Signs Up For X-Files Reboot (From EmpireOnline. 20 April 2015, 7:09 PM, PDT)
- 'X-Files' Reboot: Mitch Pileggi Will Return as Skinner! (From MovieWeb. 20 April 2015, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Robert Sheehan on saying the c-word in front of kids, wanting to try Shakespeare (From Hitfix. 17 April 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)