The British actress has said that it is highly unlikely the BBC drama will return, following reports back in May that a final episode was in the works.
However, Garai - who played Bel Rowley in the series - said that no official plans have been made to bring it back.
"I think there's absolutely no chance that it's going to happen," she told Radio Times.
"I mean, of course I would do it again but I just feel bad because there was all this press coming out saying maybe there's going to be a one-off special.
"I don't think they're going to do that because it was quite a public axing and I think for the BBC to make a decision like that and then go back on it, I don't think that would happen."
The Hour »
Similar News ItemsPeter Capaldi
- Peter Capaldi Hints at Post Doctor Who Ventures (From TVovermind.com. 20 August 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- It’s A Really Exciting Time For The Show, Says Former Doctor Who Star (From We Got This Covered. 19 August 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Peter Capaldi Hints At His Next Job After Doctor Who (From We Got This Covered. 18 August 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Jodie Whittaker Opens Up About Doctor Who Secrecy, Apologizes To Phoebe Waller-Bridge For Bearing The Brunt Of Rumors (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig announces he’s back for Bond 25!! (From HeyUGuys. 16 August 2017, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- BBC America Boards BBC’s ‘Queers’ As Co-Producer (From Deadline TV. 9 August 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
Dominic West (I)
- Nyff Announces 2017 Main Slate, Including ‘Call Me By Your Name,’ ‘The Florida Project,’ ‘Lady Bird,’ and More (From Indiewire. 8 August 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 2018 Oscar Predictions: Best Foreign Language Film (From Indiewire. 27 July 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Mexico’s Piano Bows Foreign Film Distribution (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2017, 7:09 AM, PDT)