The domestic five-day weekend for “Catching Fire” could top out at close to $100 million, though current estimates are $90 million-plus.
Meanwhile, Disney’s animated “Frozen” is breaking records of its own, with an $11.1 million Thanksgiving Day feast. It’s also likely to break the Thanksgiving weekend opening record with approximately $90 million for five days. (The one week preview at Hollywood’s El Capitan doesn’t count as a true opening.) “Frozen” is currently at $26.6 million and is enjoying excellent word of mouth.
After opening in 16 new markets this week, worldwide gross for the behemoth “Hunger Games” sequel is now $423 million through Thursday, with a domestic cume of $222 million.
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Sharon Stone Signs With CAA (From Deadline. 25 September 2017, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Says 3 Season Run Planned For ‘The Deuce’ (From The Playlist. 25 September 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 'The Deuce' Recap: Movin' On Up (From Rolling Stone. 24 September 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Walking Dead Season 8 is Like an ’80s Action Movie (From Screen Rant. 25 September 2017, 4:11 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn confirms that Glenn Close was cut from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Escape Plan 3 begins filming, new cast members announced (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Mark Strong interview - Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Stardust, Kick-Ass (From Den of Geek. 20 September 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Tyrese Gibson Begs Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to Delay Solo Fast and the Furious Film (From E! Online. 13 September 2017, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- ‘S.W.A.T.: Under Siege’ VOD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 13 September 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)