The domestic five-day weekend for “Catching Fire” could top out at close to $100 million, though current estimates are $90 million-plus.
Meanwhile, Disney’s animated “Frozen” is breaking records of its own, with an $11.1 million Thanksgiving Day feast. It’s also likely to break the Thanksgiving weekend opening record with approximately $90 million for five days. (The one week preview at Hollywood’s El Capitan doesn’t count as a true opening.) “Frozen” is currently at $26.6 million and is enjoying excellent word of mouth.
After opening in 16 new markets this week, worldwide gross for the behemoth “Hunger Games” sequel is now $423 million through Thursday, with a domestic cume of $222 million.
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- James Franco Allegedly Took Down Paparazzi Photographer At Concert (From GossipCop. 18 October 2014, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- James Franco -- Photog Files Police Report ... For Takedown at Concert (From TMZ. 18 October 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics (From TooFab. 18 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Lff 2014: Electric Boogaloo – The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films Review (From The Hollywood News. 18 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Hey Hollywood, Please Don't Soften Up Badass Characters! (From GeekTyrant. 17 October 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Rome Film Festival Reinvents Itself Again With Slimmed-Down Event (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Past, Present, and Future of Real-Time Films Part Four (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 8:01 PM, PDT)
- Chris Vance Delivers Transporter to TV: 'He's Good With Girls, Drives Well, Too' (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- The Expendables 3 Unrated Cut Coming to Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD in November (From TheHDRoom. 9 October 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)