The domestic five-day weekend for “Catching Fire” could top out at close to $100 million, though current estimates are $90 million-plus.
Meanwhile, Disney’s animated “Frozen” is breaking records of its own, with an $11.1 million Thanksgiving Day feast. It’s also likely to break the Thanksgiving weekend opening record with approximately $90 million for five days. (The one week preview at Hollywood’s El Capitan doesn’t count as a true opening.) “Frozen” is currently at $26.6 million and is enjoying excellent word of mouth.
After opening in 16 new markets this week, worldwide gross for the behemoth “Hunger Games” sequel is now $423 million through Thursday, with a domestic cume of $222 million.
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Tribeca Review: 'The Adderall Diaries' Starring James Franco, Ed Harris, Amber Heard & More (From The Playlist. 18 April 2015, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Amber Heard and James Franco "Have Great Chemistry" (From E! Online. 18 April 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – True Story (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2015, 3:41 AM, PDT)
- See Jason Statham as oiled-up go-go dancer in '90s Shamen video (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2015, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Check Out Anthony Petrie's New 'Rambo: First Blood Part II' Poster (From FirstShowing.net. 15 April 2015, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- From Crust To ‘Creed’ – Stallone Delivers Michael B. Jordan Sucker Punch (From The Hollywood News. 15 April 2015, 4:49 AM, PDT)
- Check Out The Haunting Poster For The Vatican Tapes (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 April 2015, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- 35 Movies You Need to See This Summer (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Sos This Week Podcast #4: We discuss the Cannes ’15 lineup (From SoundOnSight. 17 April 2015, 9:23 PM, PDT)