The domestic five-day weekend for “Catching Fire” could top out at close to $100 million, though current estimates are $90 million-plus.
Meanwhile, Disney’s animated “Frozen” is breaking records of its own, with an $11.1 million Thanksgiving Day feast. It’s also likely to break the Thanksgiving weekend opening record with approximately $90 million for five days. (The one week preview at Hollywood’s El Capitan doesn’t count as a true opening.) “Frozen” is currently at $26.6 million and is enjoying excellent word of mouth.
After opening in 16 new markets this week, worldwide gross for the behemoth “Hunger Games” sequel is now $423 million through Thursday, with a domestic cume of $222 million.
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Jamie Foxx to Voice Lead Character in New CGI Animated Film Scripted by 'Real Husbands of Hollywood' Writer (From ShadowAndAct. 5 October 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Seth Rogen: James Franco Legit Got Bar Mitzvahed (From Vulture. 5 October 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Win Good People on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 4 October 2015, 11:41 PM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger killed 81 people in Commando? Hollywood's 5 deadliest action heroes by body counts (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 October 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Cannon Films: A 10-Part Appreciation of the Studio That Revolutionized ‘So Bad, It’s Good’ Movies (From Vulture. 2 October 2015, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Gabrielle Reece To Host Fitness Reality Series ‘Strong’ For NBC (From Uinterview. 1 October 2015, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious 8: 10 Huge Rumours You Need To Know (From Obsessed with Film. 4 October 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Transporter: Refueled’ reinjects some of the series’ lost adrenaline (From SoundOnSight. 3 October 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transporter 3’ abides by the law of diminishing returns (From SoundOnSight. 3 October 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)