The domestic five-day weekend for “Catching Fire” could top out at close to $100 million, though current estimates are $90 million-plus.
Meanwhile, Disney’s animated “Frozen” is breaking records of its own, with an $11.1 million Thanksgiving Day feast. It’s also likely to break the Thanksgiving weekend opening record with approximately $90 million for five days. (The one week preview at Hollywood’s El Capitan doesn’t count as a true opening.) “Frozen” is currently at $26.6 million and is enjoying excellent word of mouth.
After opening in 16 new markets this week, worldwide gross for the behemoth “Hunger Games” sequel is now $423 million through Thursday, with a domestic cume of $222 million.
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Spring Break to Continue Forever On Mysterious Streaming Platform (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 March 2017, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Queen of the Desert Movie Review (From ShockYa. 22 March 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- HBO Producer Admits He Dragged Overdosed Mom-of-Three’s Body Outside of Apartment After Night of Partying (From PEOPLE.com. 22 March 2017, 9:52 AM, PDT)
- Sylvester Stallone shows off a robot from the set of Escape Plan 2 (From JoBlo. 22 March 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Stallone Teases a Robot Brawl in Escape Plan 2 Set Video (From MovieWeb. 22 March 2017, 6:28 PM, PDT)
- Star-Lord Hypes Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with a Special Message (From MovieWeb. 22 March 2017, 5:11 PM, PDT)
- How Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Are Preparing for Parenthood (From E! Online. 20 March 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fate of the Furious’ Races to Top Spot in Social Media Buzz (From Variety - Film News. 20 March 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Luke Evans: Everything You Need to Know About Beauty and the Beast’s Scene-Stealing Villain (From PEOPLE.com. 17 March 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)