Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Let's Cast the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot! (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 September 2014, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- 15 Young Adult Novels Turned Into Movies (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 September 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- ‘Step Up’s Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic (From Deadline New York. 16 September 2014, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett get back to 'nature' on new duet (From Hitfix. 16 September 2014, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Amy Winehouse Remembered with Statue on Her 31st Birthday (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 September 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Arrives in Israel Ending Concert Cancellation Curse (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 September 2014, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- Transylanvia University Fraternity Lip-Syncs Taylor Swift's '.Shake It Off' (From Uinterview. 13 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Bet You Didn't Think These Stars Would Be in Selfies Together! (From Popsugar. 11 September 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Shazam: 5 Things You Need To Know Before The Movie (From Obsessed with Film. 11 September 2014, 12:45 AM, PDT)