Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Incredible Impressionist Performs 'Uptown Funk' Using 'Family Guy' Voices (From Entertainment Tonight. 5 March 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Tom Werner, Brad Falchuk To Judge On New England Sports Network Series (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2015, 10:52 AM, PST)
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Taps ‘The Bachelor’ Chris Soules as Final Cast Member (Report) (From The Wrap. 4 March 2015, 3:34 PM, PST)
- American Horror Story Hotel Details Spill Top Hat Clue Confirmed (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 5 March 2015, 9:39 AM, PST)
- Thursday’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 March 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Christopher Plummer to Be Immortalized Outside the Tcl Chinese Theatre (From PEOPLE.com. 4 March 2015, 4:50 PM, PST)
- Tom Hooper And Eddie Redmayne’s The Danish Girl Secures Fall Release Date (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 12:33 PM, PST)
- First Look at Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Oliver Stone's Snowden (From Worst Previews. 4 March 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- First Images Of Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Nsa Whistleblower Edward Snowden (From Obsessed with Film. 4 March 2015, 12:43 AM, PST)