Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Younger Season 2 Trailer: Is Liza and Josh's 'New Relationship' Doomed? (From TVLine.com. 28 November 2015, 11:43 AM, PST)
- Naya Rivera Shares New Photo of Baby Boy and Sweet Thanksgiving Message (From E! Online. 26 November 2015, 9:04 AM, PST)
- Supergirl Casting a (Young) Superman (From TVLine.com. 24 November 2015, 4:12 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney Are All About the Pda (From Popsugar. 27 November 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Empire Recap: He Kissed a Girl (¡!¡!) — Did He Like It? (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2015, 9:01 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Named Guest Editor of V Magazine's January Issue (From E! Online. 25 November 2015)
- 14 Awesome 2015 Movies Everyone Thought Would Suck (From Obsessed with Film. 29 November 2015, 3:45 AM, PST)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- Two new clips from ‘The Night Before’ (From Blogomatic3000. 27 November 2015, 9:04 AM, PST)