Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- TVLine Items: NBC Nabs Italian Job, Lifetime Casts Timberlake and More (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Lifetime’s Britney Spears Biopic Casts Its Justin Timberlake (From ET Canada. 28 September 2016, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Rumour: Nightwatch could appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 28 September 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘American Horror Story’ Recap: The Search for Flora Turns Gruesome in ‘Chapter 3’ (From Variety - TV News. 28 September 2016, 8:56 PM, PDT)
- Ahs: Roanoke Recap: Kid Stuff (From TVLine.com. 28 September 2016, 8:08 PM, PDT)
- American Horror Story Round Table: "Murde" House (From TVfanatic. 26 September 2016, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- 20 GIFs That Remind Us Why Joseph Gordon-Levitt Is Still Our Offscreen Crush (From Popsugar. 28 September 2016, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- The Weekend Warrior 9/30/2016: Deepwater Horizon, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Masterminds (From LatinoReview. 28 September 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Greer Garson, Peter Finch, Zoolander, and more... (From FilmExperience. 28 September 2016, 6:10 AM, PDT)