Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Hollywood Game Night: Season Two Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 July 2014, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Becca Tobin Boyfriend Matt Bendik Sudden Death in Philly a Mystery (From TheImproper.com. 11 July 2014, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin's Boyfriend, Matt Bendik, Found Dead in Hotel Room (From TMZ. 11 July 2014, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- Dr. Dre -- I'm Losing Billions to Fake Beats from China (From TMZ. 10 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens Live (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 10 July 2014, 4:01 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Does Her Best American Girl Doll Impression—See the "Elegant" Look! (From E! Online. 9 July 2014)
- Dakota Johnson to star in Forever, Interrupted (From ScreenDaily. 10 July 2014, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Dakota Johnson on ‘Forever, Interrupted’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Will These Summer Flings Go the Distance? (From Popsugar. 8 July 2014, 4:27 PM, PDT)