Lady Gaga’s holiday special failed to generate much applause. The Artpop singer’s Thanksgiving special with The Muppets disappointed in the ratings Thursday night.
ABC’s 90-minute Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular had only 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 at 9:30 p.m. That’s considerable less than ABC’s 8 p.m. annual repeat of a 40-year-old holiday special, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (5.3 million, 1.6 in demo).
Perhaps a more telling comparison: Lady Gaga’s previous ABC holiday effort, A Very Gaga Thanksgiving, aired in this same slot two year ago, but had a 78 percent higher rating (5.4 million total viewers, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Three Posters for Fox’s Scream Queens Debut (From shocktillyoudrop. 17 April 2015, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- Glee’s Jenna Ushkowitz: We Never Stopped Remembering Cory Monteith (From Uinterview. 16 April 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Indulges In Pricey Feast Following $29 Food Stamp Challenge (From Uinterview. 16 April 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Startling exposé ‘The Hunting Ground’ illuminates campus sex crimes (From SoundOnSight. 16 April 2015, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Bruckheimer Sets Panoramic Movie with Barco (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2015, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- Brittany Snow Proves She’s Bubbly In New Lipton Sparkling Iced Tea Campaign (From Uinterview. 16 April 2015, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- New Poster for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's The Walk, Directed by Robert Zemeckis (From Worst Previews. 18 April 2015, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- New poster for Robert Zemeckis’ The Walk (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2015, 2:13 AM, PDT)
- Shailene Woodley Rocks Long Extensions On The Set Of "Snowden" Biopic -- Like The Look? (From TooFab. 17 April 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)