All Canada rights including theatrical, television and VoD have been acquired by Toronto-based D Films, a distributor specializing in independent features that also has a multi-picture output deal with U.K. sales and distribution company, the Icon UK group. A January release is being planned.
Boutique distributor Mara Pictures has acquired U.K. television and VoD rights.
Regional powerhouse Tanweer Group has acquired Middle East rights and will release the film in the U.A.E., Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt in December.
Though there are glimmers of a revival, the film industry in Pakistan is in poor shape and the country has only 42 screens for a population of 188 million. “Zinda Bhaag” released there in September and is still running in some cinemas, »
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsNaseeruddin Shah
- Rajat Kapoor's awkward moment with Naseeruddin Shah (From RealBollywood. 9 March 2014, 12:25 AM, PST)
- Naseeruddin Shah feels Bollywood has nothing to be proud of (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 11:01 PM, PST)
- Few people have guts to say what they feel: Aamir Khan (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 12:58 AM, PST)
Zinda Bhaag (2013)
- Naseeruddin Shah to attend 'Zinda Bhaag' premiere in Dubai (From RealBollywood. 13 January 2014, 2:08 AM, PST)
- Pakistani film 'Zinda Bhaag' out of Oscar foreign award race (From RealBollywood. 20 December 2013, 9:40 PM, PST)
- India’s Film Bazaar Attracts Growing Crowd (From Variety - Film News. 20 November 2013, 12:01 AM, PST)
Meenu Gaur (I)
- For the record: Submissions for the 2014 Academy Awards in the Foreign Film Category (From Alt Film Guide. 25 December 2013, 10:34 AM, PST)
- Great cinema will emerge from Pakistan, Bangladesh: Naseeruddin Shah (From RealBollywood. 20 December 2013, 12:40 AM, PST)
- 'Zinda Bhaag' makers hope for its India release (From RealBollywood. 22 November 2013, 5:55 AM, PST)