All Canada rights including theatrical, television and VoD have been acquired by Toronto-based D Films, a distributor specializing in independent features that also has a multi-picture output deal with U.K. sales and distribution company, the Icon UK group. A January release is being planned.
Boutique distributor Mara Pictures has acquired U.K. television and VoD rights.
Regional powerhouse Tanweer Group has acquired Middle East rights and will release the film in the U.A.E., Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt in December.
Though there are glimmers of a revival, the film industry in Pakistan is in poor shape and the country has only 42 screens for a population of 188 million. “Zinda Bhaag” released there in September and is still running in some cinemas, »
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsNaseeruddin Shah
- Entertainment Education: 20 Schools Offering Competitive Film Instruction (From Variety - Film News. 26 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Paresh Rawal and Naseeruddin Shah team up for a film (From BollywoodHungama. 21 April 2017, 12:46 AM, PDT)
- Vidya Balan: “Begum Jaan was irresistible to me” (From Bollyspice. 11 April 2017, 7:01 PM, PDT)
Zinda Bhaag (2013)
- Pakistan Sends ‘Mah E Mir’ to the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2016, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- Nyiff Annouces Award Nominees! (From Bollyspice. 7 May 2014, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- New York Indian Film Festival unveils nominations (From DearCinema.com. 5 May 2014, 2:19 AM, PDT)
Meenu Gaur (I)
- London Asian Film Festival 2015 begins tomorrow! (From Bollyspice. 18 March 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Ankhon Dekhi to open Dharamshala International Film Festival (From DearCinema.com. 6 October 2014, 9:57 PM, PDT)
- Check out the full lineup to be showcased at the 14th Annual New York Indian Film Festival (From Bollyspice. 9 April 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)