All Canada rights including theatrical, television and VoD have been acquired by Toronto-based D Films, a distributor specializing in independent features that also has a multi-picture output deal with U.K. sales and distribution company, the Icon UK group. A January release is being planned.
Boutique distributor Mara Pictures has acquired U.K. television and VoD rights.
Regional powerhouse Tanweer Group has acquired Middle East rights and will release the film in the U.A.E., Kuwait, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt in December.
Though there are glimmers of a revival, the film industry in Pakistan is in poor shape and the country has only 42 screens for a population of 188 million. “Zinda Bhaag” released there in September and is still running in some cinemas, »
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsNaseeruddin Shah
- Locarno Film Review: ‘Tomorrow and Thereafter’ (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2017, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Locarno: Sales Agent Pick-Ups, Expansion, Digital Drive Early Industry Agenda (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2017, 12:03 AM, PDT)
- Revealed: This is the role Naseeruddin Shah will be playing in Aiyaary (From BollywoodHungama. 19 July 2017, 6:37 AM, PDT)
Zinda Bhaag (2013)
- Pakistan Sends ‘Mah E Mir’ to the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2016, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- Ankhon Dekhi to open Dharamshala International Film Festival (From DearCinema.com. 6 October 2014, 9:57 PM, PDT)
- Nyiff Annouces Award Nominees! (From Bollyspice. 7 May 2014, 7:04 AM, PDT)
Meenu Gaur (I)
- Locarno: Indian Thespian Naseeruddin Shah In Final Talks for ‘Barzakh’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2017, 3:36 AM, PDT)
- Locarno Fest Selects South Asian Projects for Open Doors Platform (From Variety - Film News. 4 May 2017, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- London Asian Film Festival 2015 begins tomorrow! (From Bollyspice. 18 March 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)