Hong Kong – Luxury-mad Chinese will get a chance to learn more about the international brands they are buying in a new series “The Secrets of Branding” being produced by the UK’s Blakeway Productions for China Central Television (CCTV).
The 8-part documentary show probes some 30 major brands in the retail, motoring, fashion, technology and drinks sectors. It includes interviews with key figures including inventor James Dyson, Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks and Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry.
The show is a direct commission for CCTV2 by Li Yong, deputy director at CCTV, with Fiona Stourton as executive producer, and Joanna Bartholomew and Matt Hill as series producers for Blakeway. It is distributed globally by BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the British Broadcasting Corporation.
“Branding” is the first direct commission in China for either Blakeway or its corporate parent Ten Alps, the production group co-founded by Bob Geldof.
“[This series] is a real coup for a U. »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsBBC Worldwide [gb]
- Classic Doctor Who to be screened on Horror Channel (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 March 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Classic Doctor Who episodes to air on Horror Channel (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 March 2014, 4:37 AM, PDT)
- Screen launches Creative Week events (From ScreenDaily. 13 March 2014, 3:21 AM, PDT)
- Actor Rhys Ifans and Dan Macmillan on their enduring friendship (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 March 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)
- 15 Hilariously Awful Songs Released In The Name Of Charity (From Obsessed with Film. 3 February 2014, 3:10 PM, PST)
- 'Lesson learned' says apologetic Peaches Geldof for tweeting victims' names (From RealBollywood. 29 November 2013, 9:36 PM, PST)
Howard Schultz (I)
- Page Six Doesn’t Deserve a Reply, But Howard Schultz Responds Anyway (From The Wrap. 19 October 2013, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Starbucks Is Giving Out Free Coffee! But There's a Catch: You Have to Pay It Forward (From E! Online. 9 October 2013, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Starbucks "Respectfully Requests" Customers Don't Bring Guns Into Store, Gun Advocates Lash Out (From E! Online. 18 September 2013, 3:12 PM, PDT)