Hong Kong – Luxury-mad Chinese will get a chance to learn more about the international brands they are buying in a new series “The Secrets of Branding” being produced by the UK’s Blakeway Productions for China Central Television (CCTV).
The 8-part documentary show probes some 30 major brands in the retail, motoring, fashion, technology and drinks sectors. It includes interviews with key figures including inventor James Dyson, Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks and Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry.
The show is a direct commission for CCTV2 by Li Yong, deputy director at CCTV, with Fiona Stourton as executive producer, and Joanna Bartholomew and Matt Hill as series producers for Blakeway. It is distributed globally by BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the British Broadcasting Corporation.
“Branding” is the first direct commission in China for either Blakeway or its corporate parent Ten Alps, the production group co-founded by Bob Geldof.
“[This series] is a real coup for a U. »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsBBC Worldwide [gb]
- Exec changes at BBC Worldwide (From IF.com.au. 2 July 2015, 7:41 PM, PDT)
- 2nd MipCancun Doubles Attendance, Adds Panels, Screenings (From Variety - TV News. 2 July 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- DramaFever Obtains Streaming Rights To 18 BBC Titles (From Tubefilter News. 1 July 2015, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: June 8-14 (From Moviefone. 8 June 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch Kimberly Wyatt meet Doctor Obama in Murder in Successville clip (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 June 2015, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- This is what Kimberly Wyatt looks like as a police officer (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 May 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
Howard Schultz (I)
- Starbucks Scraps ‘Race Together’ Campaign in Stores After Weeklong Backlash (From The Wrap. 23 March 2015, 6:22 AM, PDT)
- Awkward! Jay Smooth Says He's ''Actually Black'' After MSNBC Panelist Teases Him About Co-Opting Black Culture (From E! Online. 18 March 2015, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Starbucks Is Talking About Race in America with New Initiative (From PEOPLE.com. 17 March 2015, 3:40 PM, PDT)