It was Saturday morning and I was at the Union Square Green Market buying dried black beans for soup. It was a beautiful clear cold day, the kind that makes me even more chatty with the people selling the goodies (and, yes, I consider black beans to be goodies. Sue me.). The lovely young woman who took my money commented about being outside all day.
“But there’s Doctor Who!” I said.
She looked at me with scorn.
“I have to watch,” I said defensively. “I need to be able to talk to my son.”
“You’re a good person,” she said. I interpreted this to mean that I was subjecting myself to something tiresome in order to be a good parent.
I came late to Doctor Who. I mean, I had heard of it but never felt any great need to see it. I thought it might be like Thomas, »
- Martha Thomases
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- Check out Hot Toys 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark Xlv collectible figurine (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys’ Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Legion 1/6th scale collectible figure revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys’ Avengers: Age of Ultron Cosbaby Series 2 unveiled (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Fourth Doctor Adventures: Suburban Hell Out Now! (From Kasterborous. 22 May 2015, 6:49 AM, PDT)
- Competition Reminder: Win Engines of War! (From Kasterborous. 21 May 2015, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- The PodKast with a Moffat-Inspired F-Bomb (From Kasterborous. 21 May 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- How Can You Get a 3D Printed Jason Statham Mask? (From Slash Film. 22 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Box Office Democracy: Mad Max: Fury Road (From Comicmix. 22 May 2015, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Spy (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 8:38 AM, PDT)