It was Saturday morning and I was at the Union Square Green Market buying dried black beans for soup. It was a beautiful clear cold day, the kind that makes me even more chatty with the people selling the goodies (and, yes, I consider black beans to be goodies. Sue me.). The lovely young woman who took my money commented about being outside all day.
“But there’s Doctor Who!” I said.
She looked at me with scorn.
“I have to watch,” I said defensively. “I need to be able to talk to my son.”
“You’re a good person,” she said. I interpreted this to mean that I was subjecting myself to something tiresome in order to be a good parent.
I came late to Doctor Who. I mean, I had heard of it but never felt any great need to see it. I thought it might be like Thomas, »
- Martha Thomases
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- The Interview cancellation: Hollywood stars express concern (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 17 December 2014, 8:45 PM, PST)
- Joss Whedon On His Avengers 2 Mental Preparation & How To Handle The Hulk (From ComicBookMovie. 17 December 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Marvelous DA7E 76: Spider-Update and Lego Age Of Ultron (From LatinoReview. 17 December 2014, 3:10 PM, PST)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Series 9 Episode Title Revealed (From Kasterborous. 18 December 2014, 2:46 AM, PST)
- Steven Moffat gets just what the Doctor ordered for Christmas (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 December 2014, 12:39 AM, PST)
- Doctor Who update: Moffat on Clara, Gaiman on return (From Den of Geek. 17 December 2014, 11:38 PM, PST)
- Jason Statham is At It Again in Wild Card (From Filmonic. 16 December 2014, 4:16 PM, PST)
- Exodus: Gods and Kings Takes the Top Spot at the Box Office (From BuzzSugar. 15 December 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- New trailer for Wild Card starring Jason Statham and Sofia Vergara (From Flickeringmyth. 15 December 2014, 4:27 AM, PST)