Homage to the British filmmakers work to feature at the festival in February, where he will receive an honorary Golden Bear.
The award ceremony will be accompanied by a screening of Raining Stones, Loach’s film about a man who makes disastrous choices in trying to raise the money for his daughter’s first Communion dress. It won the jury prize at the 1993 Cannes Film Festival.
Berlin will also host a homage to Loach’s work, including 1966 TV drama Cathy Come Home, about a young mother who becomes homeless after her husband loses his job.
It was seen by 12 million people on its first broadcast - a quarter of the UK population - and is regularly cited as one of the best, most influential British TV dramas and led to the setting up of the »
- email@example.com (Michael Rosser)
Similar News ItemsMargaret Thatcher (I)
- ‘Pride’ To Close Directors’ Fortnight At The 2014 Cannes Film Festival (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- what’s on Netflix and Amazon Instant Video (from Apr 22) (From FlickFilosopher. 22 April 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: ‘Whiplash,’ ‘Cold in July’ Set to Screen at Directors’ Fortnight (From Variety - Film News. 22 April 2014, 3:12 AM, PDT)
- Will Cannes-Bound 'Jimmy's Hall' Be Ken Loach's Last Film? (Trailer) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 April 2014, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Ken Loach's latest (and last?) Cannes entry 'Jimmy's Hall' gets a trailer (From Hitfix. 23 April 2014, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2014: Official Selection announced (From CineVue. 23 April 2014, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Philomena | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 15 April 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Hercules Shows His Strength in TV Spot Filled with New Footage (From ShockYa. 15 April 2014, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- Hercules Battles Huge Beasts in New Trailer (From ShockYa. 14 April 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)