The public voted for the duo to leave camp for two days to try to complete a number of challenges.
If they are successful in the challenges, they will win up to five tokens - and can then use the tokens to grant members of the camp immunity from the first public vote-off.
Egan and Essex were forced to leave the camp immediately as their fellow celebrities clapped and cheered, but seemed a little confused.
"I don't really know what's going on," Essex admitted worriedly, while back in camp, Alfonso Ribeiro mouthed: "What's happening?"
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! continues tonight at 9pm on ITV. »
Similar News Items"I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (2002)
- 'Simon Cowell wants to add to his brood' (From RealBollywood. 7 April 2014, 1:46 AM, PDT)
- Sam Faiers on quitting Towie for love: "It was Joey or the show" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 April 2014, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Tom Daley to star on I'm a Celebrity (From Virgin Media - TV. 31 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Paul Bettany Confirms Vision Role In ‘Avengers 2′ (From The Hollywood News. 14 April 2014, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- National Television Awards set date for 2015 ceremony (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 April 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell’s ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Attracts Record Audience (From Variety - TV News. 14 April 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Ferne McCann: Towie will be 'strange' without Sam (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 April 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Have I Got News for You continues to top Friday night ratings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 April 2014, 2:28 AM, PDT)
- Review: The Chortle Comedy Awards (From Shadowlocked. 11 April 2014, 5:22 AM, PDT)