The public voted for the duo to leave camp for two days to try to complete a number of challenges.
If they are successful in the challenges, they will win up to five tokens - and can then use the tokens to grant members of the camp immunity from the first public vote-off.
Egan and Essex were forced to leave the camp immediately as their fellow celebrities clapped and cheered, but seemed a little confused.
"I don't really know what's going on," Essex admitted worriedly, while back in camp, Alfonso Ribeiro mouthed: "What's happening?"
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! continues tonight at 9pm on ITV. »
Similar News Items"I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (2002)
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother? (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Duncan Bannatyne's girlfriend slams Lady Colin Campbell (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Aidan Turner expecting criticism for Poldark (From Virgin Media - TV. 24 November 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 November 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 November 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Idfa: DocLab’s Caspar Sonnen on Vr, Interactive Media and the ‘Elephant in the Room’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 5:41 PM, PST)
Alfonso Ribeiro (I)
- Will Smith Was Surrounded by Familiar Faces (Like Carlton!) at His Big La Premiere (From BuzzSugar. 24 November 2015, 1:44 PM, PST)
- America's Funniest Home Videos: Season 26 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 November 2015, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Alyssa Milano Shares Nostalgic Tbt Photo With Child Stars of '80s Sitcoms (From Us Weekly. 29 October 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)