The public voted for the duo to leave camp for two days to try to complete a number of challenges.
If they are successful in the challenges, they will win up to five tokens - and can then use the tokens to grant members of the camp immunity from the first public vote-off.
Egan and Essex were forced to leave the camp immediately as their fellow celebrities clapped and cheered, but seemed a little confused.
"I don't really know what's going on," Essex admitted worriedly, while back in camp, Alfonso Ribeiro mouthed: "What's happening?"
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! continues tonight at 9pm on ITV. »
Similar News Items"I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (2002)
- One Direction fallout continues as Naughty Boy and Jimmy Bullard clash on Celebrity Juice (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 May 2015, 7:48 AM, PDT)
- Gemma Collins wants to go back into the jungle (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 May 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Big Brother's Simon Gross on shock exit: 'Why does the glitter have to end now?' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 May 2015, 4:11 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent semi-final 1: The live shows begin - as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent: Your complete guide to all of the semi-finalists is right here (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 May 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent: The judges choose the final 45 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 May 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
Alfonso Ribeiro (I)
- TVLine Items: Tate Donovan's Sex-y Role, Key & Peele Return Date and More (From TVLine.com. 20 May 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Alfonso Ribeiro is the New Host of America's Funniest Home Videos (From E! Online. 19 May 2015, 8:41 PM, PDT)
- Alfonso Ribeiro Will Be the New Host of America’s Funniest Home Videos (From Vulture. 19 May 2015, 8:30 PM, PDT)