The public voted for the duo to leave camp for two days to try to complete a number of challenges.
If they are successful in the challenges, they will win up to five tokens - and can then use the tokens to grant members of the camp immunity from the first public vote-off.
Egan and Essex were forced to leave the camp immediately as their fellow celebrities clapped and cheered, but seemed a little confused.
"I don't really know what's going on," Essex admitted worriedly, while back in camp, Alfonso Ribeiro mouthed: "What's happening?"
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! continues tonight at 9pm on ITV. »
Similar News Items"I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (2002)
- Ola Jordan returning to Strictly Come Dancing (From Virgin Media - TV. 23 April 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Thorpe Park's I'm a Celebrity maze review: Even Helen Flanagan could hack it (From Digital Spy - TV news. 14 April 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Big Brother set for Us versus UK-themed summer series? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 10 April 2015, 4:16 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent: Krystyna and Hypno Dog deny fakery claims (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 April 2015, 5:02 AM, PDT)
- Watch Simon Cowell get hypnotised by a dog on Britain's Got Talent (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 April 2015, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent: Who got Amanda Holden's Golden Buzzer? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 April 2015, 3:51 PM, PDT)
Alfonso Ribeiro (I)
- Joanna Krupa Stuns in Skin-Tight Nude Dress -- See Her Sexy Look! (From TooFab. 22 April 2015, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Silverman Attacked by Twitter User With Jesus-Fresh Prince Profile Pic: "I Hope You Get Cervical Cancer" (From E! Online. 17 April 2015, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Dancing With the Stars: Live! Returns for Perfect Ten Tour Hosted by All-Star Melissa Rycroft (From Us Weekly. 6 April 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)