Fans of detective drama starring Benedict Cumberbatch will finally find out how Holmes survived fall and faked his own death
Sherlock will return to BBC1 on New Year's Day when the mystery will finally be resolved how the sleuth survived that plunge to his apparent certain death.
The BBC took the unusual step of using an empty hearse, with its return date spelled out in the back, travelling around central London on Friday to announce its return.
Its use of Twitter and the hashtag #sherlocklives was rather more de rigeur, ensuring that the show was trending on Twitter as fans were sent into a frenzy by its imminent return.
The exact return date of the show, for a new three-part series, has been the source of much speculation – almost as much as the mystery around his fall – since it was revealed it would return in the Us on 19 January.
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Reflects ‘Spirit of the TV Show,’ Simon Pegg Says (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Meet your new 'Star Trek 3' villain (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Leonard Nimoy’s Son Plans Spock Documentary (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2015, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat: ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Will Have Fans ‘Desperate for Season 5′ (From Variety - TV News. 27 March 2015, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Will Be Dark and Emotionally Intense (From MovieWeb. 27 March 2015, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Season 4: Steven Moffat Teases “Emotional Intensity” and Talks Fan Fiction (From Collider.com. 27 March 2015, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Steven Moffat talks Sherlock series 4 and a potential crossover with Doctor Who (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- 9 Outrageous Ways Famous Movie Characters Came Back From The Dead (From Obsessed with Film. 28 March 2015, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- 'Sherlock series 4 will be an emotional upheaval,' says Steven Moffat (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 March 2015, 4:50 AM, PDT)