The world is much changed since Batman and Superman were created – so what qualities would define a 21st-century hero?
And so it begins. Those smart folks at Sony have worked out that it doesn't matter so much if every other Hollywood studio owns the rights to more superheroes on the big screen than you do – so long as you have the ingenuity to invent your own masked crimefighters to light up the multiplexes.
Earlier this week, the Japanese-owned company behind the Spider-Man films revealed that it is teaming up with Stan Lee, the nonagenarian comic book legend behind dozens of Marvel's best-known characters, to bring a new superhero to cinemas. Sony's Avi Arad, who produced all four Spidey outings, will take on the challenge of helping Lee transform the comic book movie landscape once again.
It all sounds rather exciting, even if Lee's contributions to the superhero pantheon in recent »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Watch This Badass Batman Vs. Green Arrow Mashup Trailer (From Cinema Blend. 26 December 2014, 4:51 PM, PST)
- Interstellar Playing at California Science Center for Limited Time (From ShockYa. 26 December 2014, 3:29 PM, PST)
- Awesome Fan-Made Trailer Imagines Batman Vs Green Arrow (From ComicBookMovie. 26 December 2014, 12:07 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- 'Agent Maria Hill' Covers "Maxim" (From SneakPeek. 26 December 2014, 11:07 PM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - 'Prelude' (From SneakPeek. 26 December 2014, 7:32 PM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Friday, December 26 - Pinocchio, Cool Runnings (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Shazam, The Sinister Six and more (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:59 AM, PST)
- Is Iron Man 4 closer than we think? (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)