The world is much changed since Batman and Superman were created – so what qualities would define a 21st-century hero?
And so it begins. Those smart folks at Sony have worked out that it doesn't matter so much if every other Hollywood studio owns the rights to more superheroes on the big screen than you do – so long as you have the ingenuity to invent your own masked crimefighters to light up the multiplexes.
Earlier this week, the Japanese-owned company behind the Spider-Man films revealed that it is teaming up with Stan Lee, the nonagenarian comic book legend behind dozens of Marvel's best-known characters, to bring a new superhero to cinemas. Sony's Avi Arad, who produced all four Spidey outings, will take on the challenge of helping Lee transform the comic book movie landscape once again.
It all sounds rather exciting, even if Lee's contributions to the superhero pantheon in recent »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Gorgeous New Interstellar Trailer Hits (From ComicBookMovie. 30 July 2014, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Full Trailer for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar Sci-Fi Film is Here! (From Worst Previews. 30 July 2014, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Moon Landing Date Unlocks New Interstellar Trailer On Official Site (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 July 2014, 6:42 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Marvel Superheroes Convene At Comic Con: Check Out Photo Gallery (From CineMovie. 30 July 2014, 11:04 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston's thank you letter to Joss Whedon (From Den of Geek. 30 July 2014, 10:45 PM, PDT)
- Read This Delightful Letter Tom Hiddleston Wrote Joss Whedon About Avengers (From Cinema Blend. 30 July 2014, 10:34 PM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': The Characters' Comic Book Origins Explained (From The Hollywood Reporter. 30 July 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Could Tony Stark Be Killed Off In Avengers: Age Of Ultron? (From Flickeringmyth. 30 July 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- New Avengers 2 Movie Pic Shows Tony Stark In Action With Bruce Banner (From OnTheFlix. 30 July 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)