The world is much changed since Batman and Superman were created – so what qualities would define a 21st-century hero?
And so it begins. Those smart folks at Sony have worked out that it doesn't matter so much if every other Hollywood studio owns the rights to more superheroes on the big screen than you do – so long as you have the ingenuity to invent your own masked crimefighters to light up the multiplexes.
Earlier this week, the Japanese-owned company behind the Spider-Man films revealed that it is teaming up with Stan Lee, the nonagenarian comic book legend behind dozens of Marvel's best-known characters, to bring a new superhero to cinemas. Sony's Avi Arad, who produced all four Spidey outings, will take on the challenge of helping Lee transform the comic book movie landscape once again.
It all sounds rather exciting, even if Lee's contributions to the superhero pantheon in recent »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Meet Star Wars Rebels Agent Kallus, Imperial Security Bureau Agent (From TheHDRoom. 10 July 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Everything we know so far about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Michael Bay, Hollywood's action movie king (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Scarlett Johansson Is Good With A Gun In First Lucy Clip (From We Got This Covered. 10 July 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- James Gunn Says Joss Whedon Helped To Cast 'Thanos' In Guardians Of The Galaxy (From ComicBookMovie. 10 July 2014, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Guillermo del Toro plans small-scale, black and white film (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:47 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Robert Downey Jr. & Wife Expecting Daughter (From Access Hollywood. 9 July 2014, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr. and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child Together -- and It's a Girl! (From TooFab. 9 July 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Wife Susan Pregnant With Baby Girl, Couple's Second Child (From Us Weekly. 9 July 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)