News Louisa Mellor 29 Nov 2013 - 07:38
Sky is looking to commission original UK sci-fi and fantasy drama. This is good news...
At last night's Moonfleet launch, Sky One controller Adam Macdonald announced that the channel was keen to commission original UK sci-fi and fantasy drama in the coming years. It's a sentiment echoed in a recent Broadcast interview, in which Macdonald said, "quick-witted science fiction plays well with Sky audiences, and I’m intrigued by fantasy worlds that have layer upon layer of lore". If that intrigue makes it onto the screen, it could play out well for genre fans across UK audiences, and not just Sky subscribers.
We've seen it happen countless times; one channel enjoys a success, and another attempts to match it. It happened between the BBC and ITV with The Paradise and Mr Selfridge, Downton Abbey and Upstairs Downstairs, as just a few (not to mention the twin dancing, »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Jason Momoa on Aquaman and Justice League (From Den of Geek. 20 October 2014, 11:16 PM, PDT)
- Jason Momoa Talks Aquaman: ‘I Think We’re Going to Be Kicking Some Ass’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron Has An Explanation For Aging Terminator In Terminator: Genisys (From We Got This Covered. 20 October 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead, Ep. 5.02 “Strangers” sweet and bloody disgusting (From SoundOnSight. 20 October 2014, 9:45 PM, PDT)
- Z Nation: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 October 2014, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Have 'The Walking Dead' fans become numb to all the atrocities? (From Hitfix. 20 October 2014, 6:39 PM, PDT)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Fire rages in this exclusive 'Downton Abbey' trailer (From EW.com - Inside TV. 20 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Guest’ Gets UK Home Video Release With Several Deleted Scenes! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 20 October 2014, 7:23 AM, PDT)
- Strictly Come Dancing tops Sunday with over 9m as X Factor drops 500k (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 October 2014, 2:21 AM, PDT)